October 2020 Screenshot Thread

Oh man they’re huge!

Despite the danger, it must be awesome to have this close contact with wild life, i think it’s a fair price to pay as long as everyone stays with both eyes wide open.

This is about as close as I ever want to get; about 10 feet away from a 7 foot alligator, but the shot was too tempting to pass up. A wedding photographer behind me said I was crazy.

back on topic -

4 Likes

What is this blasphemy?

:smiley:

2 Likes

The Web is full of kitties. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Home schooling - the district sites only work with Windows :cry:

Return to normalcy:

Bastards!

Here is my dwm with polybar:

Still working to get it how I like it setup. I do have a question, does anyone know what the name of the patch is that will automatically move you to a different tag if you have keybinds which open apps on certain tags? almost like a window focus.

3 Likes

That picture speaks more than a thousand words @PackRat, that is such a beautiful/lethal creature, i totally understand your decision to control the fear and get close enough to record that, congrats my friend and thanks for share :clap:

Ps: the comment of the wedding photographer totally makes “sense” too, but what is life without taking some worthy risks… ;))

Hell no! :hear_no_evil: This is a sacrilege! :rofl:

1 Like

There is switchtotag and viewontag but not sure that’s what you’re looking for.

This dwm hacker’s thread on the Arch Forum may be a good place to ask; they’re pretty helpful when it comes to what patches are available.

1 Like

Hopefully the gods of FOSS will have mercy on u my friend :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

psychedelic* kitties btw :sunglasses:

1 Like

Love it’s simplicity @subjunkie, that’s what i would call a zero-distraction suckless desktop.

1 Like

Cheers, I shall risk the wrath of the Archians I think.

That’s actually a good thread, I’ve asked about available patches in that thread a couple of times. Someone who has used it will give you the name.

1 Like

There we go, the first post I have made at the Arch forum asking for help in a very long time.

1 Like

@Dobbie03 I think, it is “switchtotag”. When you open an app, it will open/switch to the tag that you have configured and when you close your app, it will switch back to the tag, where you started. (In my own words. beginner english :laughing:, but I am getting better )

4 Likes

That’s it, thanks. Someone answered me at the Arch Forum as well, just as the @PackRat said they would :smiley:

2 Likes

@Dobbie03 OK!

1 Like

Hello family. I’m still around. I went back to work after the holidays, didn’t travel much, just visiting my family.

My first October scrot, simple, maybe too simple. Right now working with firefox, 3 terminals and thunar. I broke my other install with yaxwm trying some things, it was my fault. I will repair it this afternoon.

Wallpaper

6 Likes

Good to see you around man. Nice screenshot too.

1 Like