November 2021 Screenshot Thread

Nice @chroot

There are some great layouts in the user contrib section of their site.

Was a little bored and wanted to check how this thing works. DK is till my daily driver. I prefer xcb-based wms.

This xmonad/haskell combo looks weird. I was surprised to see the huge VIRT memory footprint(1TB) from xmond and they claim it’s a “feature”. :grinning:

" * We have a shiny new two-step memory allocator for 64-bit platforms (see Trac #9706). In addition to simplifying the runtime system’s implementation this may significantly improve garbage collector performance. Note, however, that Haskell processes will have an apparent virtual memory footprint of a terabyte or so. Don’t worry though, most of this amount is merely mapped but uncommitted address space which is not backed by physical memory."

1 Like

Dang, that’s a “huge” feature.

Please continue in the December thread.

This year we also chose spruce. Just bought a small one.

1 Like

Nice tree there @nwg

Not yet. In the Polish tradition, the tree should be dressed on Christmas Eve. We usually do it earlier, on December 21 (for the birthday of our younger daughter).

2 Likes

Ah, makes sense, wasn t aware of these traditions, guess that each places have their own. We learn everyday as the saying goes !

Daughter will be happy !

1 Like

Yep, all my kids were born in December. Even from the 1st marriage.

Wow, what a timing ! One rarely sees that !

An expensive month it seems ! lol

Very true. I don’t really like winter, but having all the family under my own roof, even for several hours, is not bad.

Yep, it compensate a lot !

Oh, just noticed that we re in the wrong month s thread ! lol

Guys I know I am in the future but am I this far in the future LOL! You might be wanting the December thread :smiley:

3 Likes

Lol, guess that we screwed up !

1 Like

LOL There are much worse things to screw up than posting in the wrong thread :smiley:

2 Likes

Lol, you bet unless you re in some other forums !

1 Like

Yes, luckily you are here not there :smiley:

1 Like

lol, you bet my friend !

1 Like