ArchLabs Linux

November 2019 Screenshot Thread

Continue from October.

As usual:

Share your dots and walls please, this saves people having to ask. Best way to do this is to have a link in your signature.

To open the linked scrot fullscreen in your browser, scroll down to the Download icon on the right (next to Like and Share at scrot.moe), right-click it and hit T on your keyboard to open the screenshot in a new browser tab, then switch to that tab. Copy and paste the address here and Boom! Fullscreen goodness.
(thanks to hhh from the BunsenLabs forum for the tip!)

We recommend http://scrot.moe for image uploads (use the linked thumbnail embed code), or as an option drag and drop your image into the reply box. Thank you very much, Mr. Neilypops!

no more system information bar; just a small conky for the battery.

2019-10-31-03-34-26.md.png

7 Likes

Nice! Yeah I have gone completely barless.

Same as last time, literally no changes

5 Likes

Nice as usual @PackRat @Dobbie03

2 Likes

I’m either dropping them, or cutting way back on the displayed information. Not really missing them.

dwm, slstatus recompiled to show only battery% wireless% and clock:

10-31-1572560200_scrot.md.png

4 Likes

Same beside updates & walls ( used in alternance);

5 Likes

I only had them to show off, they served no purpose for me whatsoever.

OK, now we have November, too.

7 Likes

Nice! Is that still Sway?

Yes: sway + waybar. The latter is easy to styling, as it uses css.

2 Likes

Arch based forum needs some tmux -

i3-tmux-nov.md.png

3 Likes

Good reason. Are there any other pros of using tmux on i3?

I’m sure there are if you’re a tmux power user (I am not).

I used tmux with other window managers like fluxbox just for the basic tiling. Can get that with containers in i3.

1 Like

I tried once, but found it too much sophisticated tool to my needs. :wink:

1 Like

Me too, I still don’t understand the need for tmux.

1 Like

I think that’s where the client/server model and attach/detach from a session comes into play. Designed for developers who work and play in the cli world.

https://tmuxp.git-pull.com/en/latest/about_tmux.html

I’ve never used tmux to it’s full potential. Just a handy and different way to do things.

5 Likes

The new ArchLabs release is fantastic, nice job! The installer is quick & easy to use and the new themes and background are very nice (tried Openbox first). I’ve been admiring the screenshots here which focus on minimalism, dark themes and lots of configs. I mostly surrendered myself to elementary os which I find the least distracting and most suitable for me. Plasma is my playground. My screenshots, sorry for overindulging :slight_smile:

elementary os:

ArchLabs Plasma:

wall1
wall2

10 Likes