Notifications Config Not Sticky

ArchLabs 2020.11.04 > Openbox - Dell Inspiron 13 7000

I located and installed “xfce4-notifyd-config”. Now from either the command line or the entry it placed in the jgmenu, I can open a configuration dialogue box for Notifications settings. However, the selections are not being implemented, either when the dialogue box is open or after it is closed.

When it is open and Preview is clicked, it still shows the Notification in the same position on the screen and with the same attributes. Same thing after closing the box and rebooting.

What have I overlooked? I couldn’t find anything in the XFCE online documentation.

Is dunst still installed? It may be taking precedence. I know having two notification applications installed on Debian and Void causes issues. Only one gets used, and it’s not a simple alternatives-type switch to set one as default.

Yes, thanks. That just occurred to me. Dunst is installed, version 1.0.5-1 I am not familiar with either of them. Should I configure Dunst by editing its config file or should I remove it and just rely on xfce4-notifyd?

There is nothing in the dunst config file to change that will help. Just remove it if you’re going with xfce4-notifyd.