Hi great team,
I have done a new installation with the may iso file.
All is fine during installation.
A difference with previous installation but with same iso file.
The system doesn’t recognize the trackpad Tapping
I have add the 30-touchpad.conf under /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ with this
Option “Tapping” “on”
Option “TappingButtonMap” “lmr”
And all is fine
Hi! I’m new to ArchLabs and just installed it in a VM. I forgot to set everything during install. Only the base system was installed, without X after reboot.
I’d like to write down what I can remember to have done to get openbox running:
- installed: pacman -S xorg-server lightdm lightdm-gtk-greeter openbox
- it’s also important to check your graphic card and install the appropriate package
- install a terminal, so you have one after logging in: pacman -S xterm
- also created a ~/.xinitrc file and put ‘exec openbox’ in it
- Xorg :0 -configure - this command help to set up X
- ‘lightdm --debug’ is helpful to find out more if it won’t start
- after starting lightdm as root I could log in with the user’s credentials created during the install process
- otherwise I really don’t have anything after login. Black screen, no tools, just a menu, where the entries mostly do not work. But it’s a good start as there is X and openbox! I’m not sure if I forgot something as I’m writing this from memory. But I do remember that I only needed to create ~/.xinitrc with ‘exec openbox’ (and I also remember that $DISPLAY did not show anything first).
Just posting this so it might be helpful in the future. Unfortunately I did not write down the error messages I had. Like something with “Openbox-Message: Failed to open display from the DISPLAY environment variable” or lightdm showing Xephyr not found in path.