New installation - trackpad change

Hi great team,
I have done a new installation with the may iso file.
All is fine during installation.
A difference with previous installation but with same iso file.
The system doesn’t recognize the trackpad Tapping
I have add the 30-touchpad.conf under /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ with this

Section “InputClass”
Identifier “touchpad”
Driver “libinput”
MatchIsTouchpad “on”
Option “Tapping” “on”
Option “TappingButtonMap” “lmr”
endSection

And all is fine :wink:

1 Like

Top @Naltap

1 Like

Hi! I’m new to ArchLabs and just installed it in a VM. I forgot to set everything during install. Only the base system was installed, without X after reboot.

I’d like to write down what I can remember to have done to get openbox running:

• installed: pacman -S xorg-server lightdm lightdm-gtk-greeter openbox
  • it’s also important to check your graphic card and install the appropriate package
  • install a terminal, so you have one after logging in: pacman -S xterm
  • also created a ~/.xinitrc file and put ‘exec openbox’ in it
  • Xorg :0 -configure - this command help to set up X
  • ‘lightdm --debug’ is helpful to find out more if it won’t start
  • after starting lightdm as root I could log in with the user’s credentials created during the install process
  • otherwise I really don’t have anything after login. Black screen, no tools, just a menu, where the entries mostly do not work. But it’s a good start as there is X and openbox! I’m not sure if I forgot something as I’m writing this from memory. But I do remember that I only needed to create ~/.xinitrc with ‘exec openbox’ (and I also remember that $DISPLAY did not show anything first).

Just posting this so it might be helpful in the future. Unfortunately I did not write down the error messages I had. Like something with “Openbox-Message: Failed to open display from the DISPLAY environment variable” or lightdm showing Xephyr not found in path.