New install issue

Hello,

I’m trying to install on my laptop.

I’m unable to use the Hotspot from my cellphone, whether I use login or not.

Sadly, it’s the only wifi access I have, I’ve installed many distros previously on this same laptop, I’m using manjaro on it currently, so I know there’s no issues with the hotspot.

During installation of Archlabs, after I select the hotspot, I get this screen and nothing happens, whether it’s password protected or not. Tried both.

Is there a workaround? Because this hotspot is the only internet access I have available.

I’d go to subway station but I’m sure I won’t be able to use their WiFi for sure without browser access.

I am really hoping Archlabs will be my final distro from what I’ve seen but this isn’t working.

Connect before starting the installer, the wiki outlines doing this https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/installation_guide#Connect_to_the_internet

The window you’re seeing should also work and is from the command

nmtui-connect
1 Like

Thank you!

Now I keep getting an error during installation… Please see attached images. read only filesystem error.

1 Like

The first can be ignored, the second however is because you’re running a very old version of the installer.

Once connected (before running the installer) do

# update the installer
pacman -Syy archlabs-installer

# run the new version (should be 2.1.6X)
installer
1 Like

I did that, running new installer.

I received error message when creating swapfile, ignored that thinking I’ll setup swapfile later, now I got a new problem.

Please see image

Oh, I don t have UEFI on my old craptop, & also use GRUB, guess that I can t be of much help sadly.

Must say that it s an error that I never saw on my installs.

Thx for posting images, might help you out in order to get some help from other members .

1 Like

What install type did you select?

Packrat

You mean packstrap.

Try running it again, I’ve pushed a small change so it should auto-update itself when re-run.

1 Like

Running again, without reboot, received new error, should I reboot first?

Yea, sadly you’ll need to go through the connecting and updating all over again.

There was a newer iso I linked in another thread but I can’t find it so I’ll just re-link here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17jlJ-Y58RtZ4g5kXcKtqAPguUDbmatk9/view?usp=sharing

Should save the hassle of needing to update every time.

1 Like

Copy, I’ll get new iso first, I’m set on doing this, no problem.

Rebooted, updated, installed, success!

Thanks guys for all the help!!!

3 Likes

Glad that you got it to work @Quantumrider

Props to @natemaia

1 Like