My Boy's first song release

Yes sir, the main reason. With time he might hire some musicians or have a band, easier said than done actually…

1 Like

I think its great to see people having go, just getting Jakob music out their is a big step. And over time he will improve, people will hear he’s music and he will make friends with the same ideas in music. That’s the beauty of Bandcamp.

Well done Jakob :notes:

3 Likes

Of coz, the 1st step is always the hardest. Congrats, Jakob & @Dobbie03.

2 Likes

He has no band. It’s just him. His last EP was all done on a Midi and a Synth and using a drum machine. He was working internationally with a guitarist but they ended up leaving him high and dry for his last EP so everything you hear on that was done last minute so he could submit it for his music school.

This EP is all keyboards.

He is obsessed with Dungeon Synth at the moment so that’s where he is heading and I am encouraging him to get out and meet musicians. He will get there, it’s just going to take time.

He has a long way to come but he is on the right track for now.

Thank you everyone for the positive words!! I will be passing them on.

4 Likes

Don’t hire a band. Get some people together and form a band. Then make a demo and try and get a gig(s).

Excellent. Hope it works out for him.

2 Likes

This is exacly what i mean.

There’s no time for him to find his band for the 1st production. He’s already had his music/songs ready. What he needs is to have a good band to play & then record them. To form a band is a long-term project. Sometimes, finding the right drummer for your band takes years.

1 Like

+1

if Jakob can at least get a bass and guitar player (I think Jakob is a drummer), he could be off to a good start.

2 Likes

Were there any in his class from music school?

1 Like

Might be a good link for your son on his endeavers @Dobbie03

1 Like

Good thing he’s the right man for the job there then :smiley:

Some but he’s awkward around others, he’s lacking confidence in approaching people. He has a vision of what he wants to play and produce and I think the vision doesn’t meld with others. I get it.

Thanks @altman. Though I don’t believe Jakob intends this to be the main source of income for him. Like it is for many people in the genres that we listen to it is more of a passion that he wants to share with people.

I listened to the new EP today and was very impressed. Amazing atmosphere from the album It might sound I am talking from a point of bias but I tried being impartial as I could be,
There will always be a sense of “it’s my son, it’s the best thing ever” but I want to be able to give him positive criticism where I can as I like to think I have a good ear for music and I want to be able to help him do better.

2 Likes

I think he has played live 3 times. I’m pretty sure the intent is there. He needs to realise the importance of getting out there and being more visible.

1 Like

Jakob’s first album is now out, it’s streaming on Spotify and Apple Music, but if you’d like to support him you can buy tit at Bandcamp.

6 Likes

Pretty good.
Who did the album art?

4 Likes

Jakob did. I’m not 100% sure how he did it.

4 Likes

Combinations of talents also ! Cool.

1 Like

Jakob has skills.
Hope it works out for him.

2 Likes

1 Like

Thank you I think so too. I hope it does as well.

@judd :metal:

2 Likes