Moving to AL - Thanks!

Completely in love with ArchLabs !
Thanks!
I remember reading that it was ‘Two Guys’ responsible . I have an idea but am not sure which two you are so wont risk offending someone, but would like to know (nosey).

Now moving my Nextcloud client home sync to AL (see other post) and just put my Grsync profiles in AL
I am all cardboard boxes and U-Haul trailer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A good thing to know !

Enjoy the ride along @leigh

2 Likes

I just got Cups working with my Canon printer, no problems!
That may not sound much to you guys, but I always struggle with it and it was so easy in AL

4 Likes

My damned HP stops working periodically, and makes me run hp-setup, which by the way is the worst installer I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

the only good HP is the brown sauce variety :smiley:
I only recently realised it stood for Houses of Parliament - despite the label :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At the office my AL laptop sees all the HP printers in the windows-based network and works well with them. My old LJ 1102 at home seems to be an exception.

1 Like

:rofl: but a little truth to that one !

2 Likes

Agreed!!

1 Like

Have always used HP printers & appreciate HP’s drivers in Linux. However, my next printer won’t be another after Berkshire Hathaway became it’s largest shareholder.

Warren, Charlie & Bill Gates. Nadda, no thanks.

3 Likes

At home I print about 2 pages a month. That’s not my most important point of interest.

2 Likes

I don’t even own a printer and haven’t owned one in about 15 years.

3 Likes

Me too and I have to say i have always had problems with my canon as well. Mainly with tring to get itto print from the front cassette rather than back loader as it sits in a shelf

My 80 year old mum has no probs with her hp inkjet on Xubuntu

3 Likes

Neither does mine: brings her laptop to me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had to solve any problems on the phone to my mum as she is back in the UK, telling her what to do and trying to work out what was going on
That wasnt fun for anyone involved
I can tell you!
Now I have VNC set up with vinagre, but it took a while
I need to upgrade from her 16.04 version too
I havent managed to get back home for 3 years

3 Likes

LOL, you’re doing remote support now. I understand how challenging it is to work with Mom on her computer remotely. I remember I read a joke some time ago. A guy was working on the phone to troubleshoot problems on his mom’s computer. When he said “open that window”, she stood up and opened the window in the room. :grinning:

6 Likes

Specific technical language is required when troubleshooting IT on the phone. I did it for 2 years, got paid very fair, but I’d prefer homeless than doing that again.

3 Likes

Mum did use some VERY specific language but it wasnt very technical

3 Likes

lol, I would imagine that !