May 2021 Screenshot Thread

May is here, almost halfway through the year. It’s also a very important month, it’s my birthday month!

Anyway,

Continuing from April.

As usual:

Share your dots and walls please, this saves people having to ask. Best way to do this is to have a link in your signature.

To open the linked scrot fullscreen in your browser, scroll down to the Download icon on the right (next to Like and Share at scrot.cloud), right-click it and hit T on your keyboard to open the screenshot in a new browser tab, then switch to that tab. Copy and paste the address here and Boom! Fullscreen goodness.
(thanks to hhh from the BunsenLabs forum for the tip!)

We recommend scrot.cloud for image uploads (max 60MB) (use the linked thumbnail embed code), or as an option drag and drop your image into the reply box. Thank you very much, @Madmedic (how about shouting him a coffee for the effort?)

1 Like

8 Likes

Void also uses elogind?

Yes, they started that last year (or more), and it’s run stand alone. I forget the details, but ConsoleKit2 was broken and there were some other issues so they made a switch.

obarun might be the last known distro which is still on consolekit(2)

Screenshot-from-2021-05-01-09-51-48.png

Winning! :grin:

4 Likes

Nice @PackRat @Head_on_a_Stick

1 Like

backing up the dotfiles …

6 Likes

Top again @PackRat

6 Likes

What do you use to do that?

Like a dunderhead I posted these in the wrong thread yesterday

3 Likes

Nice shots there @Dobbie03

1 Like

More of that Kiwi slang? Will it be on the test?

rsync - There are some example scripts in the ArchWiki. I use it with an excludes.txt file so that my entire home directory is backed up except for directories I exclude (i.e. .cache, .mozilla).

If you don’t see anything you like in the ArchWiki, I can post my script for you.

Edit - already available: rsync backup script That one writes the backup to a 64GB SDHC card.

3 Likes

Yes on both counts. Dunderhead = dumbarse

I normally manually select and back up. I’ll check this out, thanks man.

I’m still pretty fluent in Kiwi; where I lived when I was at university always hosted a couple. We had an exchange program with the university in Christchurch. I was late with my application to go to New Zealand.

rsync is really handy for backups, like a beefed up cp command. Set your script up as a cron job, works over ssh etc… I back up dotfiles to two locations, one is to ssh into the desktop server and backup files to a 2TB external drive. Very easy with rsync.

1 Like

That’s a shame, I think you would have loved it here. Other than the accent, most of our slang is pretty universal it’s when we are talking about things that are completely unique to Kiwis is when people are wondering what the hell we are on about. Which probably goes for all cultures.

1 Like

My slock lockscreen:

3 Likes

Just for curiosity: the code I’m working on was initially intended to provide the MenuStart plugin to nwg-panel. Finally it’s going to work standalone as well. In the picture: the menu on Wayfire with Waybar.

7 Likes

Looks like a WM with a little more tailor to newbies. Simple but modern menu, transparency, etc. Also like the clean theming.

Spin it?

:sunglasses:

1 Like