Mastodon, anyone?

Just joined. Quite a lot of Arch-related stuff. Looks like a good candidate for another ArchLabs social media.

1 Like

Love the rope trick for running cable. P.S. I will not show the wife this!

2 Likes

Yeah, nixCraft usually posts good stuff.

Yeah, recently joined as well. Some interesting channels there. And a certain fish-cooking Polish dev can be found there as well :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Haha! Next step: close my Twitter account. :wink:

2 Likes

Lol, a word of wisdom @nwg

3 Likes

Be careful @altman or I’ll call Linus for an emergency kernel update to keep you going this weekend :crazy_face: :beers:

3 Likes

Lol, NOOOOOO !!!

I never had social networks, nor will I ever have.

Some people call me bitter for that, I don’t mind at all.

No thanks.

4 Likes

Cool, the only social network that I m in is basically that great forum.

NO fakebook & all that crap for me.

I joined one long time ago. my profile HaxNet :arch: :vim: :terminal: (@haxnet@fosstodon.org) - Fosstodon

I rarely do anything. I mean each “world” is hosted by people so it isn’t like a corporation gathering your data.

4 Likes

That’s what attracted me.

1 Like

Did you know that Mastodon has the ArchLabs emoticon?

2 Likes

I’m the same and then I thought, I do have Telegram-Desktop as that’s were my get my Lineage-OS updates for my phone.

3 Likes

I need a Facebook account because I manage the city fanpage. Plus, there’s a cool group sharing recipes for the cooking appliance I use. My Twitter account is almost unused, but Mastodon is a bit of a breath of freedom, and that’s why I liked it.

2 Likes

Well, some guys I know use Facebook Marketplace in order to find car parts close to where I live.

I don t, if needs be I ll go thrue one of those guys & give them something for the service provided.

2 Likes

To buy every little thing in the world, we have Allegro, which is similar, but IMO much better than eBay.

looks like aliexpress & alibaba knockoff

https://restoreprivacy.com/mastodon-privacy-issues-risks/

2 Likes

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2022/11/how-secure-a-twitter-replacement-is-mastodon-let-us-count-the-ways/

2 Likes