Make Firefox Automatically Reject Cookie Consent Banner

One of my pet peeves, cookie banners. This tweak deals with that issue.

6 Likes

Thx for sharing @Dobbie03

Done.

1 Like

Nice!
Thanks!

2 Likes

LOL not working here after checking everything 10 times and rebooting twice. Even checked my FF version.

1 Like

Lol, you didn t rebooted enough times, FF s a fucker !

1 Like

I even checked the calendar to see if today was April 1st !

1 Like

Lol, pretty much so.

Bet that FF has something in order to counter those hacks or whatever it s called.

On my end, 2 out of those 3 settings are working after I changed them after @Dobbie03 s posted that link.

FF is clicking on accept cookies and my settings do not allow that shit. That is why it do not work on my end.

1 Like

You aren’t using an addon like I Don’t Care About Cookies or similar?

1 Like

ublock origin and privacy badger

1 Like

Same as me. Works fine here.

Maybe try running from the terminal firefox -p, create a new blank profile to work with and try again. Make sure you untick “Use the selected profile without asking at startup” otherwise the new profile will become default.

Then try the cookiebanner changes and see what happens.

1 Like

My two cents: the article clearly states it is being rolled out as we speak and only fully works in 110 (available in Nightly for now). I don’t think @altman is using the latest Nightly build, but I could be wrong :wink: Second, it also says it is only working for some websites. But perhaps you’ve altered the settings in 108 and it sometimes just works :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

True, maybe but it definitely works my end but maybe it just on the said selected sites?

2 Likes

It might be the case @Peppe

With "

I don’t care about cookies

It’s OK.

2 Likes

gotta chuckle at pop-up along the bottom though.

And donchya just love how they LIE with:
“We value your privacy”

Will check this out.

3 Likes

I like :cookie: 's too!
Especially with :coffee: :cookie: :cookie:

2 Likes

lol, Do as I say not as I do !