Live ISO gets stuck

I didn’t spend to much time on it as of right now.
@anon37345411 yes, I tried arandr already - doesnt do it. Also they have different resolutions
(Main: 1920x1080 16:9, Sec: 1680x1050 16:10)
I did it manually with xrandr creating a conf - doesn’t do it yet.

Gonna look into it more when I got the time, be ready to hear from me again.
Still thanks everyone for your help.

Alright hello again!
So after some playing around and such I basically got my installation working with my screens both at the correct resolution. However, on the one screen, this is what currently occurs. It seems that the ‘workspace’ just ends - I cant really tell.
I’ll leave a screenshot here;

Is that something known? If so, how should I compensate? I mean, everything else is running fine from what I can tell.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: Just saw the screenshot; The polybar there is just on my right screen although it suggests otherwise. The desktop is somewhat overlapping there.

Thanks anyway.
Just in advance, the driver in use is amdgpu, as output’d by lspci and the xorg log.
Also, I’ll say that this gives me back old windows vibes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Looks like a xinerama setup to me, instead of treating both screens as a screen individually it’s using the both as one Xscreen. Regarding polybar: for multiple screens you will need multiple bars.

The issue on the right screen (window drawing duplication) pretty sure that you don’t have compositing enabled, check with pgrep compton

You need to set up an xorg config /etc/X11/xorg.conf

This is a basic example pulled from my own config.
I already edited the display inputs and resolutions to match the screenshot above.

# create a basic Xserver layout (0) with two monitors, disabling xinerama
Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Layout0"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    Option         "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

# create a basic Xscreen with two monitors, aligned 
# the first is considered the main monitor
# the +0+0 and +1920+0 are monitor offsets
Section "Screen"
       Identifier     "Screen0"
       DefaultDepth    24
       Option          "metamodes" "HDMI-A-0: 1920x1080_60 +0+0, DVI-D-0: 1650x1050_60 +1920+0"
       SubSection      "Display"
               Depth   24
       EndSubSection
EndSection
1 Like