Lenovo's giant Linux 'bet'

If you have not read about Lenovo’s recent commitment to Linux yet, you might find this article interesting:

2 Likes

Thx for sharing @manyroads . Interesting !

Original source here for anybody who doesn’t want to wade through Forbes’ ocean of javascript:

I am v. happy about this, my E485 isn’t fully functional under Linux (suspend doesn’t work properly) but things should improve greatly in the future.

1 Like

Awesome, that’s gonna make some driver issues alot easier for everyone!

1 Like

Yey! Finally some good news in this crazy world we live in.

The best laptops (thinkpads) finally will come with the best OS out of the box :sunglasses:

2 Likes

So you can custom order one with ArchLabs?

2 Likes

I wouldn t dream too much on that one ! lol

1 Like

Unfortunately not yet, but man that would grand! Anyhow, we can fix that right away after unboxing the laptop! :sunglasses: :metal:

2 Likes

Maybe in the future Lenovo allow us to choose any distro of our choice (w/ the best distro “ArchLabs” inlcuded), but drivers tailor made for Linux are already a great first step on that direction.

1 Like

That would be a good thing.

1 Like

Most likely they’ll give you the two OS choices that they said they’d support as pre-installed options with the drivers included, then let you choose your configuration settings and go from there. I would agree though that we’ll likely see better Lenovo drivers for all distros in the near future.

1 Like