KVM How-To

Curious - has anyone seen or put together a comprehensive doc on setting up KVM in Arch-based systems that is kinda of a one-stop doc? I’m looking for personal notes on this since there are so many little things that easily get overlooked.

Yes - you can get that data via google but weeding through that can either take hours or at best, some of the data is incomplete.

No - I have not looked at the Arch-Wiki (as I should have)
Not only do I want this for myself, but I want a complete guide for posting here.

If you are willing to share your personal notes on how you did this, I’m more than happy to compile, test and submit for our use here.

You really should, it’s peerless. Also check QEMU - ArchWiki if you want to just run the back end by itself or see libvirt - ArchWiki for the various front-ends.

2 Likes

LOL - sometimes I can be as stubborn as my German wife. I should have done this hours ago.
Case in point: Note: If the default network cannot be started, make sure iptables-nft and dnsmasq are installed.

Leave it HoaS to interject logic and reasoning :slight_smile:

@Chris , @Head_on_a_Stick very tactfully told you to RTFM. LOL

1 Like

Indeed he did! and of course, I would have deserved any and all simply because I know better :slight_smile:

2 Likes