Keyboard backlight error

Hello all,

I have just downloaded ArchLabs Minimo (7.28.18) and when I try to install on my Dell Inspiron Mini 1012, it hangs trying to start the keyboard backlight.
This is a known issue with this Dell model and recent kernels, and the normal workaround is that whenever the version of Linux you are using boots for the installation, you just run sudo systemctl mask systemd-backlight@leds\:dell\:\:kbd_backlight.service and that prevents it in the future.
However, ArchLabs is not getting even to the installation, and all that I get to see is the status updates, which predictably stop at “Starting Load/Save Screen Backlight Brightness of leds:dell::kbd_backlight…”
Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you all,
KM6BXP

Try it but I do not know if it works and a solution for ubuntu.

Removing file /var/lib/systemd/backlight/platform-dell-laptop:leds:dell::kbd_backlight 

and masking the service systemd-backlight@leds\:dell\:\:kbd_backlight.service with:

sudo systemctl mask systemd-backlight@leds\:dell\:\:kbd_backlight.service 

Posting so that others might search this up a bit easier.  Thanks

Edit

Or this, remember to update grub made the edit in / etc / default / grub
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet acpi_osi=’!Windows 2012’”

Thank you, Ector, for your reply.

Apparently this has actually been an issue with the Linux kernel since version 4.1.3. Does anyone know where I could get a release of ArchLabs with an older kernel?

Thank you all,
KM6BXP

So, you are saying you can’t even boot the ISO properly because of it trying to load the backlight service ?
Or you can boot and load the installation process ? I would say that chroot into the new installed system and disabling the service would the trick IMHO

edit: can you access the tty still ?