Kdeconnect does not obey darkmode?

Hey everyone,

longtime user first time poster. Love the OS but I miss when nwg-shell was included with sway. I recently had to do a full reinstall and the only rice related aspect I haven’t been able to fix is kdeconnect only has light theme, no matter what I do.
Starting it from terminal tells me when I have the themeing environment variable wrong, but I have since set it correctly to both kvantum, kvantum-dark, and qtct-style as suggested in the error but I get no change in behavior. I used to use kde as a backup full DE on my old install but went with gnome instead this time to play around with the newer updates. I really like it and would recommend it for someone who wants minimal setup. But I have had trouble getting themeing to conform correctly. Every other qt application I have tried has worked fine, including qtpass which is usually a bit difficult. Any suggestions or experience with this?
On my other computer, kde/arch themes it as predicted but I have no idea how after checking environment variables and such. Maybe this theme doesn’t have a setting for it, but I have tried to explicitly define other themes through kvantum as well with no change.

Thanks to the devs as well!

Bump for our friend if someone can help him out.

2 Likes

What helped in OpenSuse Tumbleweed was to logout and login as root (so Yast could be forced to follow the colorscheme as well). Apply changes and login/logout with your own account. But this works when you actually have a root account :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So I logged into xorg with root (normally I use wayland) and set the theme to respect qt5ct and qt settings says its working, most apps are in dark mode as root now and even parts of kdeconnect like the settings but not the main kdeconnect-app executable.

2 Likes

I use this for my qt theming (Qutebrowser) adwaita-qt. it has a dark variant.

3 Likes

I tried installing and setting this theme and although I like it, it doesn’t fix my issue still for some reason. Every app but kdeconnect-app loads fine so far too.

I was finally able to solve this after downloading systemsettings (the kde settings app for anyone unaware) and using that to set the theme colors to a dark theme. Thanks for everyone pointing me places though! The community is all the more reason to love ArchLabs. Now if I could just figure out secureboot with sd-boot lol.

2 Likes

Glad that you got it fixed @freddyforgetti