June 2020 Screenshot Thread

20200607-12h31m40s-grim.png

4 Likes

Have you noticed that sway 1.4 needs the script from the sway14 branch?

No, I just packaged up v0.9 from the archive and it seems to work fine with sway v1,4.

Nice work with the script, it is exactly what I wanted :slight_smile:

EDIT: I’ll see if I can get python-i3ipc, autotiling & azote into Alpine’s community repositories.

1 Like

Yes, the latest release is ok. Changes to master are only for the -git package (and sway-git).

Plus nwg-launchers and I’m 100% happy. But I still don’t know how to install Alpine for dual boot. The only wiki I found was marked out of date.

EDIT: moved reply to the Alpine Linux thread to keep things on-topic: Alpine Linux: none more minimal

Good morning.Default setup. Nothing more.

9 Likes

Sorry guys. I have to wait 2 hours for the car warranty inspection to end…

4 Likes

Looks nice @subjunkie @nwg

1 Like

Changed to my usual (very boring) wallpaper, turned off the window titles (single pixel borders ftw), switched to the oksh shell and also changed the terminal font to the non-bold Inconsolata variant because alacritty is so good at rendering it:

20200608-12h58m08s-grim.png

Really liking sway, it’s very good.

EDIT: and a new prompt:

PS1='\w\e[1;91m${?#0}\e[97m$\e[0m '
7 Likes

Nice again, like simple walls like that , makes for a change @anon42040838 .

Heard about Alacritty before but never used it actually, might give it a shot one day.

Welcome to the party!

Just giving some props to all the hard work done by the OpenBSD guys, an OS which despite having a different pedigree, share the same minimalist bent that Arch does on the linux side of things.
If Arch didn’t exist, i think i would choose OpenBSD as my main system just for its suckless minimalism and great documentation.

9 Likes

Let’s say it out loud: it was a pain in the ass.

6 Likes

Looks nice @nwg @Beast

1 Like

This. Is. Awesome.

5 Likes

Wow, awesome ! lol

Nice @nwg

An updated book wallpaper, if you search the screenshot thread you will see I have posted a similar wallpaper. This is a nice update and change.

7 Likes

Looks great @Dobbie03 . Nice wall.

1 Like

It is debatable whether my working conditions have improved or worsened. :rofl:

4 Likes