July 2021 Screenshot Thread

Pretty much, right now I am running the EOS Sway ISO on a partition to test it (I installed it in AL but too lazy to configure it, tested before on earlier installs, maybe even in Sparky, I forget). I figure it’s time to migrate to it now,

1 Like

I will read up on wayland and sway.

womp

1 Like

Sway s developed by one of our members here, check out @nwg s threads, can t find it real quick.

Great!!
Then itś a must!!

womp

1 Like

lol, you bet @womp

1 Like

Guess it s that thread, but not shure, he put some threads into one;

3 Likes

This could be the next step for me!

Thanks

womp

3 Likes

LOL, I’m too short to develop sway! :rofl: I’m just adding some gadgets to it.

4 Likes

lol, anyways to me it s yours, you put loads of efforts into it !

3 Likes

I’m too short to play Center for the Los Angeles Lakers. Doesn’t mean I can’t be part of a campaign for Jeannie Buss get rid of her idiot brother from running them into the ground. Which she had, although I never was part of any campaign because her brother was running the team into the ground, and I hate the NBA refs, so I stopped watching the Lakers and the NBA.

2 Likes

Same thing but with XFCE. This time it’s on a luks2+btrfs layout with systemd-boot using snapper to manage snapshots/rollbacks. Pretty much achieved what Ubuntu is doing with ZFS but using all in kernel stuff. The only problem with BTRFS is you really need 2 drives since it does not have an ARC like ZFS. I’ll just keep rsyncing/tar’ing backups as well.

Edit: also put the swap in zram with the systemd generator like Fedora does it.

@nwg you’ll notice I installed a real browser for a change.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Haha! I’ve been angry with Chromium for several months and have been using Firefox.

1 Like

Funny, I have gone full circle and returned to Firefox. Though no doubt Mozilla will do something in the future that will piss me off and I’ll move over to another one for a while.

3 Likes

FF remains unchallenged on my machine as long as Chromium has problems with Wayland. I also like the Ghostery extension.

3 Likes

No kidding, the 1st was my gday as well, merry belated shared Canada day to the lil ones

8 Likes

@nwg & @Dobbie03

I had to install FF today. When working with a government site that generates PDFs into a JavaScript loaded div, chromium it wouldn’t let me save it to my home dir. guess my fling is over

2 Likes

Every reason is good enough to break up. :wink:

Some guy from Brazil complained on r/swaywm about not having a dock or widget or conky or anything to display time in his co-workers’ time zones. He wanted to get rid of 4 clocks hanging above his desk. :slight_smile: Use of a panel was out of the question. I thought to make a wrapper capable of displaying a script output (refreshed in intervals) or a static text file content on the desktop, in Conky-like manner. It should work on all wlroots-based compositors.

2021-07-09-041222_screenshot.png

8 Likes