July 2020 Screenshot Thread

It’s July. A happy birthday to my two favourite twins in the world, my brother and sister Gareth and Kelly.

Keep up the amazing work here people.

Continue from June.

As usual:

Share your dots and walls please, this saves people having to ask. Best way to do this is to have a link in your signature.

To open the linked scrot fullscreen in your browser, scroll down to the Download icon on the right (next to Like and Share at scrot.cloud), right-click it and hit T on your keyboard to open the screenshot in a new browser tab, then switch to that tab. Copy and paste the address here and Boom! Fullscreen goodness.
(thanks to hhh from the BunsenLabs forum for the tip!)

We recommend scrot.cloud for image uploads (max 60MB) (use the linked thumbnail embed code), or as an option drag and drop your image into the reply box. Thank you very much, @Madmedic (how about shouting him a coffee for the effort?)

2 Likes

July 1 st here also !

Here s my latest shot, same from June s ;

4 Likes

I’m currently enjoying the minimalistic simplicity of Bspwm.

4 Likes

Nice & dark @Beast

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong man, i love brazillian tropical weather, but i think i’m already missing the nordic winter feeling of europe, even knowing its already summer there… I think it reflects on my wallpapers choice for sure :sunglasses:

1 Like

updated yaxwm and polybar -

battery notification from suckless program juiced

from ps_mem

352.0 KiB + 390.0 KiB = 742.0 KiB       juiced
6 Likes

i’ve found this to be a really useful daemon @PackRat, thanks man.

2 Likes

I like it. Does what it’s supposed to do without a large memory footprint. Now I need to ween myself off a visual aid like polybar or conky.

2 Likes

If your battery reports discharge events then you can use a udev rule to send notifications without needing a daemon at all (apart from for the notification but most people already run one anyway):

SUBSYSTEM=="power_supply", ATTR{status}=="Discharging", ATTR{capacity}=="[0-5]", RUN+="/usr/bin/notify-send Battery Low!"

And to get back on topic I’ve managed to fix Alpine’s Paper icons (the stock package specified a minimal set so I removed the --buildtype=plain option from the build() function):

20200702-17h54m29s-grim.png

3 Likes

Thanks. I think I tried this and it wasn’t working. Worth another attempt.

1 Like

I’ve spent some time last night (again) trying to corrupt the “suckless purism” of my Dwm box by adding some gaps, bar functions and stuff… The result of my iconoclastic effort was not that bad.

7 Likes

Nice shot @Beast

1 Like

7 Likes

Nice again @PackRat

1 Like

This makes me want to try the 5.7.7 kernel again. Even if I know that amdgpu is more stable on 5.7.5. If only had I bought more beer…

BTW: the AL logo looks not bad.

that’s @badkarma artwork; available in the wallpaper thread.

2 Likes

New install. New wallpaper. New icons. New Plank-theme.

womp

4 Likes

In the right screen: nwggrid -p: pinned icons above the regular grid.

6 Likes

Same old
2020-07-05-14-51-37-scrot.png

Photo by Varga Benedek on Unsplash

8 Likes