Julian Assange

Unfortunately, that’s true. But, alas, politics does creep into our little digital world and creates havoc and despair. Just look at the regulations that are being tacked on and the censorhip…

2 Likes

Tell me about it dude, tell me about it.

Anyway…let’s not get too deep into this, as interesting as it is.

1 Like

One of the reasons they evicted Assange was because he wasn’t taking good enough care of his cat so the US is welcome to him as far as I am concerned.

Don’t worry though, the cat is fine, apparently:

2 Likes

Hahahaha. All in all I think the combo of Juilan being a pest and the substantial amount of money given to Ecuador probably contributed to his removal.

Much bigger than Assange simply being a pest, but as noted previously:

I’d love to have a real in depth discussion about this as it is one of my main interests as well but our forum isn’t the place for it

I do not understand why, though. If everyone who partakes in the discussion adheres to some basic rules of a polite argument, I do not see why this would be an issue. If not here in this small familial forum, where else?
I personally would like to hear some of you guys’ thoughts on this topic.

2 Likes

Maybe stick to the facts on what is happening to assange, i believe he is to be sentenced mid may? It will be interesting to see what happens considering how disgusted certain factions were about Jamal Khashoggi. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamal_Khashoggi

I think this more to do with Journalism than politics, yes politics are a theme but not the entire narrative.

No doubt America will take good care of Assange. Not sure if he’ll be fine, though.

The whole story of wikileaks already became an important part of history, undependant of the chosen perspective is political or journalistic or freedom of speech. But shame on me, my initioal post was indeed very political and I did not read the rules before posting it.

Me too think it wouldn’t get out of control in this forum, but on the other side, politics and religion are best suited to start flame wars!

Well if you guys keep it civil, I’m happy for this to continue. I emphasis keeping it civil. :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, unfortunately, politics does rear its ugly head in the unexpected places. But, the issue with Assange being arrested for reporting facts doesn’t bode well for our freedom of free expression. Little by little our rights are being ripped away from us. This should concern all of us. If it happened to Assange, what do you think we would face?

Why? What do you think is going to happen to his cat? :anguished:

I thought he was arrested for not turning up at court to face his rape charge, is that not the case?

Apparently he was shouting “Resist! Resist!” as he was carried out of the embassy, which is a bit rich given the charges he is facing in Sweden.

Thank you very much, @Dobbie03! I’ll try to keep it civil and be the first who shut up as soon as anyone feels subjective enforced or so!

I am sure his cat will be fine, his mother promised so. I am worried if Julian Assange will be fine if extradicted to US courts.

Yes but not exactly:

• He fled into the Equador Ambassy in London seeking asylum to not get extradicted to swedish authorities because of his rape accusation from two different woman.
  • He argued, these accusations are constructed with the goal to extradite him to US, who have a secret accusation against him for leaking the truth, and once he’d be in sweden US will bust because he leaked evil secrets.
  • In 2018, a careless strg-c/v mistake of the american executive leaked his apprehension of being extradited were true. As Captain Obvious recently said he were true.

I will try including sources in future posts inside this thread, which is hard because I mainly consume german media, and including primary sources like WikiLeaks always did isn’t usual, in the common company media, as it lowers mind shaping impact.

Yes, my big picture may be paranoid. No, I don’t feel so anymore. As people like Edward Snowdon, Julian Assange and Daniele Ganser proved, reality is always more dramatic, and hollywood is never able tu write conspiracy coups as severe and unbelievable as reality does! History semm to generate stunning while all unimagible SciFi seem to be alreadyly true or even worse!

1 Like

Not according to the United States. Sweden dropped the charges while he had asylum at the Ecuador embassy. But, now that he doesn’t have asylum, Sweden all of the sudden brought the charges of rape back up. There several countries that wants his hide like the US, UK, Sweden and the Vatican (the Vatican is an religious and political entity being the smallest country in the world).
[/quote]

I thought he was arrested for not turning up at court to face his rape charge, is that not the case?

Apparently he was shouting “Resist! Resist!” as he was carried out of the embassy, which is a bit rich given the charges he is facing in Sweden.
[/quote]

So, you’re partially correct but it’s not just about rape charges neither. This poor man is going to be hung, drawn and quartered by being dragged to several courts in several countries.

1 Like

Thank goodness for that, you had me worried for a moment.

1 Like

Now it’s official that Julian Assange may face death penalty because of espionage if extradicted to the USA, according to Netzpolitik: https://netzpolitik.org/2019/wikileaks-the-us-is-indeed-investigating-assange-for-publishing-secret-information-doj-letter-suggests/#2018-03-07_US-DOJ-DDB-WikiLeaks-ENG
It would be illegal to extradite him then, according to the Human Rights Act as well as the promise of the british government. I really hope they care!

It’s very sad. And yet we have individuals who have given secrets to foreign powers who are roaming around the US free. Two tier justice never works. I do hope Assange will be protected…

1 Like

Wouldnt it be slap in the face to Washington if Russia granted him asylum. Assange would probably need an elite military extraction right now though.

2 Likes

I wonder if interviews like this is the real reason for the persecution of Assange?

Hillary…

3 Likes

That and this one -

some important people on both sides of the Atlantic need to keep Assange under wraps for a while; President Trump isn’t one of them.

3 Likes

I would say so, pretty damning if all true and i bet it is. Unpopular opinion is the US is heavily in bed with SA arming them to the teeth and have been for years.

2 Likes