January 2023 Screenshot Thread

Happy New Year and welcome to 2023. Yes you past dwellers, I know you haven’t hit the New Year yet but here in NZ we see it first. I hope everyone isn’t too strung out from celebrations.

2023 was a strange year to say the least, so many crazy and weird happenings going in our world. Sometimes I feel like I am stuck in the middle of some bizarre fictional movie. What a whirlwind indeed.

Anyway, this is our 66th screenshot thread in our 6th year of ArchLabs being a “thing”. The screenshot thread has always been a popular topic, and it is one of my favourite to scroll through on a wet and boring afternoon.

October was our biggest month of 2022 with 467 replies. There must be something about October, as October 2021 is the second-biggest month, with 474 replies.

There are some insanely talented people that hang out here who really know how to put a good-looking desktop together.

Thank you to all who post here and contribute to this amazing community. The AL Forum is just a good place to be.

Please keep those screenshots rolling and keep blowing my mind with said screenshots. Keep your eyes peeled, Nate, PackRat, Cog and I have something inbound.

Much Love,

Dobbie

P.S. on a personal note, as I do every year here, I’d like to wish my sons Tomas and Jakob a very Happy Birthday. Tomas’ birthday we celebrated yesterday on the 31st, and today we celebrate Jakob’s.

Love you my boys, you do a Dad proud.

a 2023 edit to the above:
As I wrote this post a week ago to automatically apear on Jan 1st I didn’t realise that the December thread would gain so much momentum. It really took off, so I need to edit my comments from above.

December ripped it up with 486 replies.

Now on to the boring stuff:

As usual:

Share your dots and walls please, this saves people having to ask. Best way to do this is to have a link in your signature.

We recommend imgBB for image uploads (max 32MB) (use the linked thumbnail embed code), or as an option drag and drop your image into the reply box.

Continued from the December 2022 thread.

4 Likes

Lol, Were I am I m still in 2022 !

1 Like

12 Likes

I know you live in the future. Can you give us some highlights of '23? :wink:

8bit

Still in 2022 here, but will post anyway. :grinning:

Calculate 23, Cinnamon

9 Likes

Before I wipe that slate, ain’t no one gonna tell me I didn’t try Gnome in 2022. Starting off 2023 with beers and broads, greetings from Saigon!

10 Likes

Fedora is pretty good. My go-to distro to check GNOME new features.

2 Likes

100% agree. Even the printing was no issue at all anymore. Only Fedora asks me for a password before wiping an encrypted volume, recognizes and updates my Dell laptop firmware and has the latest of many things. It is really good. But Nextcloud client and Fedora isn’t a happy marriage, unfortunately. Both on KDE and Gnome. And I need it on a daily basis. Otherwise: hell, yeah!

3 Likes

Happy New Year, everyone! 2023’s first screenshot is of my Void install, almost a clone of my Arch.

15 Likes

Arch + Xmonad

13 Likes

Nice & clean @chroot

Here’s mine. Happy New Year AL fam!

11 Likes

Top @HaxNet

2 Likes

Everforest Theme for dk on archlabs! Happy 2023!!

12 Likes

Nicee @ranjan

1 Like

I’m having bright thoughts about 2023!

Wisteria Theme and Wallpaper

Wisteria-SS

11 Likes

Nicee @McQ

1 Like

Nashville International Airport with Hatchery by @cog!

W

12 Likes

First one of the year! :slight_smile:
Large Pic

13 Likes

Slick.

1 Like