January 2022 Screenshot Thread

@Dobbie03

Your last wall got me hungry.

1 Like

Ground lamb burritos are super good.

Never eaten a crow/raven though. They eat too much shit. There are rednecks that eat them though.

3 Likes

Yeah @Peppe … +1 for Bismuth. Same for Pop Shell Tiling in Gnome.

1 Like

after five months on a WM back to a DE
Bigbeast:

Littlebeast:

7 Likes

Nicee @darknetmatrix

You got a cool Plasma going, bro!
EDIT: I know you’re into EOS, what do you think about KaoS?

KaOS is as distribution that has, for whatever reason, not been top of mind at all during my time with Linux. I think it is unfortunate that this has been the case because I really like what is going on here with this project. The developers and maintainers have done a lot to ensue that you have the latest and greatest Plasma and KDE Gear packages to use and enjoy.
In terms of desktop experience, KaOS uses the Calamares installer and forces the use of XFS as the default filesystem. Once installed, the Welcome tool greets you and provides shortcuts to documentation and offers to adjust some 15 commonly used settings. It’s one of the most complete greeters that can help you set up and configure all the important aspects of the installation.
The default web browser is Falkon, which is a continuing development of what used to be called QupZilla. This fits with both the KDE/Qt-focus and Lean objectives of KaOS, as it is built on the QtWebEngine rendering engine.

1 Like

No major changes. Been checking out xfce4 and mate power-managers. mate-power-manager working the best on this old Toshiba laptop. Memory footprint kind of high, though. From ps_mem:

24.1 MiB + 16.7 MiB = 40.8 MiB mate-power-manager

10 Likes

Nice again @PackRat

Here s my old updated install;

8 Likes

Great, I’ll give it a spin myself. Seen one or two reviews, interesting choice of XFS (just like Nitrux). I always appreciate a bit different take on Linux.

2 Likes

Still happy with DWN so no change

10 Likes

Always wanted to give Void a go.

2 Likes

Fluxbox … maybe I’ll give it a re-visit. Thanks

2 Likes

i3

tinkering with polybar.

9 Likes

sway with nwg-panel -

12 Likes

Ah - a man after my own heart. I so love the black, white, and greys for the bar. Don’t get me wrong, colors are good too but have always been partial to the before mentioned.

Well done, PR. well done.

That’s all @nwg work. Defaults for his sway desktop shell.

4 Likes

LOL, the GNOME-like preset desktop style. :slight_smile: I’m starting to like it too, since the SwayWorkspaces module got fixed.

3 Likes

Top @PackRat . Someone will be happy to see his work installed.

3 Likes