ArchLabs Linux

January 2020 Screenshot Thread

Nice & clean @subjunkie

1 Like

Happy new year everyone!
So i was planning on making awesome my main wm for 2020 since i saw this config a couple of months ago https://github.com/worron/awesome-config
Buuuut i just couldn’t let go of i3 and that particular awesome config is too fancy for me lol so i decided to tweak my polybar a little bit and kind of replicate the looks of that guy’s desktop and here is the result:

Would like to have a nicer dark/red wallpaper though, if someone could show me some good ones it woud be great!

6 Likes

New year, same desktop:

Screenshot-from-2020-01-02-22-18-52.png

Playing tunes from tmpfs 'cos it sounds better :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nicee @Head_on_a_Stick

New year, old wallpaper.

I’m still playing with the sway menu. I’d like it to stay a single python module, so it will never be such a sophisticated piece of software as jgmenu. One way or another - it behaves not bad on sway, while jgmenu freezes if open over an X11 window. The Gtk.Menu class still behaves badly here, so my programming mainly comes down to searching workarounds. :slight_smile:

screenshot

screenshot

7 Likes

No big changes, using Desktop 10 for multimedia, and figuring out postimage options:

6 Likes

Nice @PackRat

Some Moody Blues playing !

1 Like

I think I need some music, too. Managed to find an occupation even more hopeless than coding the menu for sway: I’m trying to make it work properly on i3, too. Somebody shoot me!

1 Like

5 Likes

Great wallpaper!

1 Like

Looks great @Dobbie03

1 Like

Well them here are a couple of links for you

@altman thanks dude.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s what it looks like at the moment. A word of explanation: since gtk menus behave differently / unexpectingly over Wayland and X11 windows, I decided to bind my menu to the overlay window, which covers all the screen. It may be transparent, but looks not bad as black, semi-transparent, too.

4 Likes

OMG, the atari800 package has just received the second update this year! I wonder what might’ve been improved. More 6502 commands? Better ANTIC emulation? :rofl:

4 Likes

Wow that menu is coming along nicely.

2 Likes

The latest package comes with the .desktop file, for the first time.

2 Likes

Looks great @nwg . Keep it on.

1 Like

going with a near monochrome look -

6 Likes