Is Google Search just getting worse?

Google had issues with Russian hackers using bots to skew search results way back before the whole Trump thing, which was I think to fuck with Google more than skewing a search that gave an advantage, because corrupting the data metrics of the searches devalued the search engine itself as far as advertising and such. I found out about that at work doing a conference that had a Google exec speak about it. There is no way I would had known things like that lol, unless my browser was hi-jacked or something.

So I came across a new search engine the other day called Kagi, it’s in closed beta and today I received my invite. So far it is bringing in decent results for search.

It seems it will be a paid service once out of Beta. At this point I don’t mind paying a small amount each month if it means I can actually find what I need to find without any interference from Google etc.

1 Like

How was your Brave experiment?

1 Like

Not good. I used Brave browser/search for a while. I always felt uneasy while using either one, like I didn’t have 1005 in Brave.

Kagi has been pretty good so far. Admittedly, it is only the first day.

1 Like

Food for thought … to you’re original post.

Yeah it is a massive problem. It’s well beyond time to support the search engines outside of Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Time for “Ask Jeves” and “AltaVista” to make a comeback.

2 Likes

Looks like kagi.com might be the new Ask Jeeves.

1 Like

Haven’t used google search for a long time.

2 Likes

AltaVista, yes, wow, blast from the past :wink:

3 Likes

lol, remember AltaVista !

1 Like

I came on the same conclusion around a year ago, Google & including Youtube is very specifically tailored for displaying pro vaccination stuff (or pro-anything they want to program the mass-sheep with xD) and you know so many people have died to the vaccinations itself - and it 100% felt like all of that death related info is being filtered out. Not bringing this up to start any arguments with anybody, lol I’m not interested xd but there was difference in looking up this info between different search engines.

And I started to question what kind of other information is being filtered out :slight_smile: but it looks like Google is good for normie stuff like linux/win, 3d stuff/programming and such. But if you have big questions, it’s not good for that XD!

duckduckgo.com, qwant.com I mainly use these, personally gravitating towards duck the most. But yandex.com seems to give the least filtered results (like corona, politics and whatever) and if you know russian (or even translate) apparently that is good for finding torrents you might not find in duck or qwant - according to some gentoo youtuber!

Google is pretty much done in my book, I dislike the fact that Youtube is owned by Google :stuck_out_tongue: so I am even googling when I am in Youtube in my librewolf!