Installer. Scrot key unknown trust

I selected auto partitioning, default kernel, no extra packages, plasma DE, but during the install it seems that when scrot gets installed, the PGP key that gets imported fails the verification with the following error
"error: scrot: signature from “Orhun…” is unknown trust and scrot.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (PGP signature).
How should I proceed?

1 Like

Please have a look at this thread, also another thread about that lately;

1 Like

I reported the PGP error to the maintainer but I don’t think that is the root cause.

I just tested the new archinstall on the image they released today and was able to install scrot on a vanilla Xfce install.

1 Like

Please update the installer from 1st link above then this one @Fulwiz & try on @chroot s command from this post here;, it should work afterward;

1 Like

Did that, chose XFCE and everything went smoothly, thank you!

2 Likes

Glad it could be of any help @Fulwiz

Welcome aboard.

1 Like

Hello!

I do not mean to crush the spirit here but I thought I had the same problem installing on mbp8,1 but my installation stops with a gpg-error for scrot. I have followed the hint here but I got the same result!

I downloaded new AL image and reformat usb-stick. Tried with different usb-stick. Updated installer (after connecting wifi). Everything I have done gives the same result. (scrot pgp-error and the key can not be updated!)

I have used the same AL-installer at least 7-8 times before with no problems!

womp

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as you, done all that has been recommended up to this point with the same errors.

1 Like

We are working on a new ISO, testing as we speak. There will be something new available soon.

4 Likes

@SqdnGunny @womp Guess that I would try a little bit later on, wonder if it has to do with your repo or such.

2 Likes

You are absolutely wonderful guys!!

womp

2 Likes

How soon? I was about to add the AL repos to my fresh Arch install, sounds like something will break if I do.

A few days I suppose. Not 100% sure.

3 Likes

Thanks Dobbie

1 Like

Great news @Dobbie03

1 Like

No problem!

womp

1 Like

Temporary fix before the new iso is out.

1. boot into the live environment
  2. configure network, make sure it’s connected to internet
  3. type

#pacman -Sy

then,

#pacman-key --recv-keys 165E0FF7C48C226E1EC363A7F83424824B3E4B90 --keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu

finally,

#installer

3 Likes