I know this issue has cropped up here before and I’ve followed the various solutions but with no real luck.
Problem: The ArchLabs installer refuses to detect my internet connection. This is despite the fact there is an internet connection. Various pings, etc, always return a working connection.
When it throws me into the “set up connection” menu with Activate/Deactivate" these options do nothing. The only thing that does work is unplugging my ethernet cable and plugging it back in…and then it detects the connection and lets me continue.
Problem solved, right? Alas no.
Once it hits that connection menu, any time I return the installer, even with a working connection, any text input into the terminal to complete the setup becomes corrupted. Incorrect characters, etc. It makes it impossible to complete the installation successfully. So I’m literally unable to install the OS.
I tried running the net program before the install (cannot remember the exact name) and it made no difference. So it seems I’m encountering two bugs here:
One, the installer not detecting my active connection.
Two, the terminal character input becomes corrupt after encountering any kind of issue with the installer, even if you manage to re-run it.
I did manage to get through the installer at least once by just using default “returns” or managing to input the correct character by hunting and pecking…but made a huge mistake at the end (and this is user error). On the confirmation screen, I neglected to notice it had selected the wrong drive to do the install on, despite the fact I know I selected the correct one. It instead selected my windows drive and…yeah. User error there though.