Installation problem

Hello,

yesterday on my netbook eeepc 1001px I have installed the latest Archlabs with i3, and all went well… but i made a mistake, I want to use fluxbox :upside_down_face:
Today I decide to reinstall Archlabs with fluxbox.
I try to install Archlabs with Fluxbox and some programs, I have try 7 or 8 time during the day but I have always this error, maybe the servers are down? how can I resolve?
I have take a picture of the screen of the installer.
Thanks for your help

archlabs_error|666x500

whats the error?

the title of the screen in the picture is “Install Error”

Sorry for my bad english

i see it now. try this.

gulp! tomorrow I try… now here is 1 o’clock in the night…
Thanks but I have a question:
yesterday using the same usb key on the same netbook the installation went well, maybe i3 need less packages than fluxbox?
Thanks @HaxNet for your help

@paolo what language do you speak?

I don’t use fluxbox, i use i3 and installing it was fine for me but I had to install them individually with the method I mentioned.

I am italian, and you?

english is my primary language

I can link a newer iso with updated installer if anyone is interested to try?

This isn’t my primary focus lately as life has been busy but I’m willing to help individuals looking to install AL over the weekend.

Apologies for the issues. Nate

3 Likes

yes, please share it, I am happy to test

Hi @paolo ,
some 3 week ago, i have tried to install only dwm and it fails with the same screenshot or later with xinit to start the wm.
all is fine if you choose i3 and what you want.
after you change your .xinitrc file, and all is fine.
See if it is not link again with the sourceforge to download package. IT take a long long time.

If I just git cloned the iso repo and followed the build instructions, did I create an up-to-date Archlabs iso, latest changes included? If it is really that easy, is there a need to publish new iso’s? I know, not everyone has a running Arch system to do the build, but this is cool. Thanks.

1 Like

yes , nate please share it,I have the same problem.thx

3 Likes

Yea, there’s likely some small live system changes because I don’t always push my changes to the build until I’m sure they’re staying. Truth be told there is very little reason to do iso builds other than for folks who can do one of

• use any arch based distro live cd, curl latest installer, run.
  • build an iso locally

AL really is just the installer and a few packages in our repo at this point.

1 Like

Thanks @natemaia,
i will try to install it on a new disk.
I hope the next release will have yaxwm :wink: in choice wm.

1 Like

Possibly, but I wouldn’t get hopes up.

Been floundering on my personal projects the last week, very little changes made. Still no documentation either which is one major thing holding me back (fuckin hate writing docs)

1 Like

yes and for the user it is the RTFM rules :wink: (Read The Fuck…ing Manual)
Here my english is correct, lol
@natemaia Courage

One too many run-ins with one of them eh? Hahaha.

yes :wink: