Installation Help

I’m getting this error when installing and I’m not too sure how to fix it. Any help would be awesome, thanks c:

Hello @Plasma , I think you have a partitions problem: at the start the installer is setting the root partition at /dev/sda1 & /dev/sda2 . Did you mount both as root?
Then is trying to make the partition swap in your USB , of course is busy…
Please start over from the disk partitions and you should be fine.
Please note I am not the expert here, so there might be something else I haven’t spot yet.
Please let me know how it goes.
Cheers

1 Like

Hello @Plasma, apologies for the issue.

I’m not entirely sure, this error has not popped up before. Would you be willing to try re-downloading? This might just be a corrupt download.

I do notice that there are multiple of the same logs, leading me to believe the log file is not being cleared when an error occurs

1 Like

@nate so I am talking nonsense again? I thought I nailed it this time :confused:, at least partially…The corner of shame is becaming my new home; I should apply for citizenship…

2 Likes

I worked at it for a bit and now here’s the error. Sorry for not updating the post.

Hey, so the error is Linux 14.1.8 or something along those lines but it’s installing .9. Maybe that’s the issue? I just got the iso yesterday but is it already outdated?

Yes just checked, the linux version is 4.16.9-1 but the error for the directory is for another 4.16.8-1 so is there a way to install 4.16.8-1 when I run the installer or just have it look for a new directory name.

Hi all,

Thanks for your hard work on ArchLabs. It has all but stopped me distro hopping.

I am getting the same error “… /lib/modules/4.16.8-1-ARCH is not a valid kenel module directory.”

The 2018-05 iso on the same USB installed on a desktop the other day without a hitch, so it may not be a corrupted download.

Not sure how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated.

Ye, I’m pretty tty sure it pulls a new kernel but the installer is for the old one now… so unless they can pull the old Linux version or provide a fix to this soon, think I’m gonna use Antegros Openbox…

I think I’m having a similar problem:

By the way, I think it would be better to make the error message copyable, so I wouldn’t have to take photos…

How should I proceed?

Apologies for the issue, this should be resolved with the latest point release iso https://sourceforge.net/projects/archlabs-linux-minimo/

It’s all logged to a file /tmp/errlog so taking a photo really isn’t needed.

There is also a new debug mode I’ve added which gives very verbose output for every line of script run.

Just run the installer as root with -d or --debug

Thanks for fixing the error, I just went ahead and installed arch and then Openbox but at least it’s fixed for those that want to use ArchLabs

1 Like

@nate, I had the same error but downloading your latest point release, …2018.0.6.iso release, now wifi is not detected on live install… I tried usb stick from both dd command and gnome-disk utility and same problem.

any help will be appreciated.