I tried ArchLabs in a VM a couple of times, really liked it and decided to install on my laptop for real this time. Took current latest image,
And it failed with the following:
/usr/bin/archlabs-installer: line 2619: usr/bin/dialog: Argument list too long
About the error
I googled a little, found a stack overflow question.
- Not sure I can really break this
dialogcommand into smaller ones (like
rm [a-l]*; rm [m-z]*
- One answer there advises to run
ulimit -s 65536. it didn’t help me. How much should the number be? And can it help at all?
- Another answer gives a link to Linux Journal article from 2002. There’s a completely different advice: patch the kernel, recompile and reboot. Is it even possible with a live environment? I can’t even run
So I have some questions.
- How do I work around this problem?
- The problem looks independent from hardware, so why do I face it on real hardware and don’t face inside a VM?