I'm Not Around For A While

Hi Everyone

I had a bit of a catastrophic failure of my pc, lost my main SSD and two other drives. No idea why. It’s put a real dampener on things.

I won’t be around much for a while. Just going to get over this and hopefully try and recover some lost data.

If you want to contact me you can on dobbie003@gmail.com.

Sorry to hear it mate

That sux mate, hope you ll recover data on your pc !

I know how that feels! Sorry for your loss!

womp

I am sorry to hear that… good luck.

Ouch! Just finished building a new computer but I used old drives. I use WD Passport to backup my drives just in case. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Dang. Must have been something power related. Good luck man.

Ouch.

Good luck recovering data.

1 Like

This always makes me check if backups still work. :slight_smile:

I’m partially back. No music drive. It sounds like it is trying to spin up but it can’t. I have ordered a new PCB for the HDD but waiting on that to arrive. Spotify is my source of music for now.

What a fucker of a week.

1 Like

Welcome back :smiley:

1 Like

glad you’re working though it. hope you can recover the metal library of the century which I’m sure you have.

1 Like

Glad that you recovered some data. hopefully the music disk also !

1 Like

There are two types of people, those who have had a force majeure with their computer, and those who are going to have it. :grin:

So when you are ready, welcome back Dobbie!

2 Likes

OUCH!!! 3 drives … that is not good at all.
Good luck come back strong

1 Like

That’s pretty strange to lose more than one drive at the same time. I’m glad that you’re partially back, but I would keep a close eye on your motherboard. I lost a channel for my RAM making it impossible to use channelling on my old board causing the whole system run extremely slow. I’m wondering if your sata components are starting to have issues. Just a thought…

1 Like

So I have managed to find an exact replacement of my drive, which was surprising considering the one that failed was about 5 years old. I’m going to steal the pcb of the replacement that is incoming. I’m hoping that I am right.

I’m missing my music drive, Spotify is a pretty crappy replacement.

1 Like

Well the replacement PCB arrived today. Its all fitted and … yeah same issue. I now accept that my music drive is a goner. Oh well.

Onwards and upwards.

1 Like