I have a freezes

Hello everybody!
I have a problem. During the operation of the computer, the operating system periodically freezes. I thought there was a gap in the kit. I bought new motherboard, processor and RAM, but the problem persists. I suspect the Vivaldi browser is to blame. Only a hard reboot helps. Anyone has a similar problem?
Sorry for my english.

No I do not think so. I have 8Gb.

What makes you think vivaldi is to blame? Can you confirm that it doesn’t happen if you use another browser?

Did you check the Vivaldi forums?
A quick search of “vivaldi freezes on linux” yielded a couple results. There are some different fixes offered.

1 Like

Yes, especially Vivaldi freezes when I work with Google Sheets or open a document in LibreOffice. More precisely, not only the browser freezes, but the entire computer.

Not yet, but I like the idea. Thanks.

Please post output results, might help a little bit, never know;

systemd-analyze blame

Here he is:

2.338s NetworkManager-wait-online.service                                      >
1.812s man-db.service                                                          >
 952ms lvm2-monitor.service                                                    >
 930ms systemd-random-seed.service                                             >
 927ms lightdm.service                                                         >
 916ms cups.service                                                            >
 773ms accounts-daemon.service                                                 >
 643ms polkit.service                                                          >
 625ms dev-sda2.device                                                         >
 314ms systemd-logind.service                                                  >
 276ms smb.service                                                             >
 264ms colord.service                                                          >
 189ms NetworkManager.service                                                  >
 162ms systemd-fsck@dev-disk-by\x2duuid-7efb26de\x2d20ee\x2d44ac\x2db393\x2db96>
 157ms nmb.service                                                             >
 128ms user@1000.service                                                       >
 127ms systemd-journal-flush.service                                           >
 127ms systemd-udevd.service                                                   >
 120ms systemd-fsck@dev-disk-by\x2duuid-6928e04a\x2d6f1f\x2d420e\x2d8f01\x2d8c1>
 109ms upower.service                                                          >
  98ms mnt-Series.mount                                                        >
  77ms boot.mount                                                              >
  68ms systemd-modules-load.service                   
 68ms systemd-udev-trigger.service                                            >
  66ms mnt-Video.mount                                                         >
  61ms udisks2.service                                                         >
  55ms systemd-journald.service                                                >
  50ms systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service                                          >
  49ms systemd-fsck@dev-disk-by\x2duuid-66B5\x2d9873.service                   >
  46ms systemd-tmpfiles-clean.service                                          >
  34ms swapfile.swap                                                           >
  22ms dev-hugepages.mount                                                     >
  21ms dev-mqueue.mount                                                        >
  21ms kmod-static-nodes.service                                               >
  21ms sys-kernel-debug.mount                                                  >
  20ms sys-kernel-tracing.mount                                                >
  20ms modprobe@configfs.service                                               >
  19ms systemd-update-utmp.service                                             >
  19ms systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev.service                                      >
  19ms modprobe@fuse.service                                                   >
  12ms sys-fs-fuse-connections.mount                                           >
  12ms systemd-sysctl.service                                                  >
  11ms systemd-remount-fs.service                                              >
   8ms sys-kernel-config.mount                                                 >
   7ms user-runtime-dir@1000.service                                           >
   6ms rtkit-daemon.service       
6ms systemd-user-sessions.service                                           >
   4ms modprobe@drm.service                                                    >
   4ms tmp.mount

Have you run Vivaldi from the terminal? If not, try that and see if any error is output to the terminal.

What version of Vivaldi are you using, and what extensions and/or codecs are installed with it? I don’t use Vivaldi much as I think it can be a bit heavy, and if I do it’s usually a version that has ffmpeg with it. If you’re using Vivaldi to stream content, you’re system freezing up might be due with the browser and hardware acceleration, what codec it’s using, and so forth.

I am gonna load Vivaldi in Arch with the ffmpeg and take a peek at it just for my own curiosity. But I figure your issues is streaming related, because that’s why a lot of lockups happen.

Is the CPU µcode installed?

Linux-firmware? Yes!

Guess what @Head_on_a_Stick means are Microcodes as well.