Hypothetical question concerning: VM's and the end of the universe as we know it

So - I was thinking. Has anyone ever ran a VM within a VM? The obvious reply would be… But why?
and of course my nonsensical answer would be; would the universe as we know it, end?

But, more pointed, has anyone done this? Not saying I would or have a case to, but sometimes things like this pop into someone’s (well, mine really) mind.

Disclaimer:
This is just to create a useless conversation and not meant to be taken seriously.

I haven’t but would it even work?

2 Likes

that IS the question, isn’t it :wink:

1 Like

Can you have a host on a guest?

2 Likes

But let’s assume someone tries it. Would you use the same virt app in both cases OR use vbox then use (insert your flavor here) within the VM. Would they cancel each other out, would they work since they are 2 opposing apps

1 Like

I stopped using VM’s two years ago, only reason I would is if I built a homelab.

3 Likes

Again, that IS the question - or would the universe end as we know it :wink:

1 Like

but the more beers you drink the more you can do. ask @nwg :rofl:

4 Likes

@Chris , you need another beer. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

LOL - its waaay to early for that even if I did

LOL, you need to be Polish or Russian. :rofl:

1 Like

Nested Virtualization - I believe it is also possible for Linux VM.

Ale dlaczego?

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

LOL - I’m not if this is a good thing or bad, but what the heck :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t believe the rumors. I drank 1 beer today, and expect 2 more in the evening.

1 Like

Mrs. nwg must be shopping…

4 Likes

This is more risk than reward.

1 Like

Keeps gazing at me while shopping. That’s why I buy porter w/ 9% alcohol.

1 Like

I saw an image of where someone was running W10 on a VM with MacOS running inside that. Not sure of the authenticity of it as it was a post somewhere on Reddit and I won’t be able to find it now to check.

1 Like