How to install from live session

Hello, just booted from my ArchLabs USB key, version 2022.10.15, and it pops me up in the live session, not the shell. How do I can start the installation process from the live session? Or rather, how do I pop up in the shell instead of the live session?

Here are the options shown to me upon booting:

ArchLabs install medium (x86_64, UEFI) with speech
ArchLabs install medium (x86_64, UEFI)
EFI Shell
Reboot Into Firmware Interface

1 Like

Ah, the speech version pops me up in the shell and the install command seems to be install now instead of archlabs-installer.

My bad, it is installer. The command exists in the live session. Resolving this ticket.

2 Likes

I noticed yesterday that this had been written in the News on the AL homepage

22 August 2022 - ArchLabs 2022.08.21 Release

ArchLabs Release 2022.08.21 is available for download.

There have been a fair few changes to the offering when it comes to Desktop Environments and Window Managers. This time we have opted to include just Window Managers. These being dk, Openbox, i3-gaps, bspwm and fluxbox.

Of course all the previous offerings are available via the Arch repositories or the AUR where applicable. As this has become a regular for us, we yet again include two different kernels via separate ISO’s.

The biggest change for us is the inclusion of a live session of dk.

To run the installer please open the terminal, alt+shift+enter, type installer and proceed as normal with your installation.

All keybinds can be viewed at ~/.config/sxhkd/sxhkdrc.

You can download your chosen version from the download page.

If you encounter any bugs or issues please seek help at ArchLabs Forum.

I just thought that flagging this here this might help someone somewhere sometime, as it befuddled me for a while too :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m sure I read the news, looking for that information. I guess I missed this very line somehow haha

1 Like

Thanks for this - info could be more prominent on the site!

Did a fresh install archlabs-2022.10.15-x86_64.iso after removing pulse one thing I have noted alsa-utils was not install by default and master was muted hard to unmute without alsamixer. ? no more crackles :grinning:

2 Likes