How often do you upgrade your systems?

I am not very experienced on using Arch Systems, one month ago I was just only running Ubuntu and updates did never break anything. I used to upgrade my system every day on the evening, I right now do so on Arch, either.
This weekend I saw some comments on the Arch Forums that recommended to just upgrade the system on weekends. Right now I am trying that. Let’s see if that is a good idea.
How often do you upgrade your system and do you think this experiment is a good idea?
I am looking forward to your comments.

Mine check for updates automatically every 2 hours.
Usually I take them as I notice them.

Exactly every 1800 seconds :slight_smile:

Been using pamac for gui and cli updates.
Pamac-gui to look at different packages and software and Pamac-cli for my scripts to auto check for updates.
Still using Pacman here and there, but fell in love with Pamac. :wink:

I hardly ever update with pamac, but keep it installed on my all machines, to browse repos and installed packages.

Every day I do a manual check and install updates when they arrive

Update every time I put the lappy on.

Pretty much it on my side also.

Pretty much daily! There are usually one or two packages to update, and that way I avoid having 100+ to update. That way lies madness and potential disaster :wink:

Daily for me. If you wait too long chances are, something will break. Because if one package has to update, imagine all of the dependacies will also have to update. Those dependacies will also have their dependacies updating and so on down the line. We had someone on this forum one time said that he never updated or upgraded. To say the least, his whole system was kaput. He had to carefully update certain packages being careful that he didn’t have a cascade effect. Also some packages wouldn’t update because they were too old. At the very least, update two to three times a week…

At least once a day for me.

Same here. Once a day

I’d probably update two, three times a day in reality. When I see that pop up I get it sorted.

Yea I’m with @Dobbie03 on this one I probably update at least once a day, it usually overkill and going a week or maybe even 2 is no big deal but it’s easier to just do it daily.

Ok, my system is updating right now. I guess I will do that experiment with another machine later… Don’t want to fix something now. :smile: