How is the job world for FOSS and Privacy lovers?

I’ve been using Linux and many of the Libre and Open Source software. I also am concern about Privacy and Security so every Software company I see not just Google, Microsoft and the other big companies it feels so odd about them. I no longer feel they are the best and I wana join them if i want to be in a good job. It dosent feel good to think of working to collect peoples data and use if for stuff. But still I need a job and money is important so I have to do something. I was in search of some companies that I might be able to work with. I found a few like Mozilla, Purism, etc. But there are not many. Do any of you have/had the same situation? How did you get out of it? Feel free to ask anything if you wana know and I want it to be very open because It bugs me day and night.

Yes, but not quite in the way you mean :slight_smile:

I work as a motorcycle courier in London and we have contracts with all the major closed-source bad guys, including Microsoft & Apple (the shame!), and I have to take the jobs 'cos I need the money :frowning:

I do try to make the MS & Apple jobs as late as I can manage though, which makes me feel better.

Hahaha…Nice that you deliver them lately. But your doing a wonderful work here and I think that’s enough to make you feel happy before you sleep. How do you manage both? I want to know more about how you got into FOSS and stuff. Mind telling? :grin:

Work in the day, play in the evening :slight_smile:

I read about Ubuntu in a hi-fi magazine, of all places, and once I tried it there was no going back — I started out with DOS and I was dismayed by the jump to GUIs & Windows so it was a revelation to find an operating system that could be used almost entirely from the command line.

Also, I’m an anarchist so FOSS fits in rather well with my political leanings.

so cool… :slight_smile: