Homebrew

Anyone is using Homebrew on MacOS? I spotted it when trying to install qutebrowser on my Mac. It’s like AUR on MacOS. :grinning:

4 Likes

I had it on OS X, there wasn’t a whole lot of packages developed for it then though. I used it for vapoursynth, which now of course I get in Linux.

You can find pretty much anything you want now. :grinning:

2 Likes

BUT…BUT THERE IS NO POLYBAR FOR TEH RICING??

Screenshot_2021-10-24_10-51-36

1 Like

Y’all know homebrew runs on Linux?

Use to be called Linuxbrew but I think they merged it back in as just home brew now. Don’t really know the use case but maybe someone using Ubuntu vanilla desktop and just adding unavailable stuff via homebrew or something.

3 Likes

No place for them in Linux. Many distros have better pkg managers. Flatpak & snap have more support as a universal pkg manager.

2 Likes

Why use Homebrew when we have Baph!

4 Likes

Use it on MacOS only. I used it to get qutebrowser on my Mac. Love the little browser on MacOS.

1 Like

Fixed

1 Like

Valid point, I accept this correction.

1 Like

Well someone on Linux must be using it bless their soul. Not I. (I’m bent over a barrel with portage).

Pac-Man/PKGBUILDS are really the sweetest in between for binaries and FreeBSD port inspired systems.

Is qutebrowser on par with chromium?? Might use it.

They share the same backend, QtWebEngine(qutebrowser also supports another backend, QtWebKit though). qutebrowser is written in python and for users who want to use keyboard more than mouse. The keybindings are similar to Vi/Vim. If you’re fimilar with Vim, most likely you’ll like qutebrowser.

1 Like

Awesome. I’ll have to try it. Already have qtwebengine installed so should go quick.