ArchLabs Linux

HIDPI Monitors

Hello guys, I’m new in Arch (and archlabs ofc), i need your help.
xft.dpi in xresources doesn’t work (idk why), but xrandr work (i have amd gpu) but only 50% of software installed work well, other don’t use my dpi(for example: telegram-desktop, pcmanfm). I guess what xft dpi should work better than xrandr, but i can’t use it. What should i do to get my own dpi anywhere?

I have 1920x1080 and 14 inches. I use Archlabs i3gaps with some xfce4 orphans. Could you tell me how to do it via Xorg settings

Hi there. You need to change settings at least in 2 places - xfce4 settings manager > appearance > fonts >custom dpi settings > 157
And add xft.dpi: 157 or whatever to .Xresources file.
After this you need to re-login.

There are a lot of tips for different applications/wms in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI

It works fine, thank you. But is it a good idea to change dpi at all? I had some troubles with it after installing something(not all packages), it gets default dpi, and i should reboot computer again. So can you explain this

I am using custom dpi:220 on my machine. Can’t use default one cause high pixel density. Not sure about your troubles, please be more specific.
Almost all the answers available in arch wiki.

Please post results from terminal ; it s on the repo;

inxi -G

Might be helpful.

Me too. I find the stock DPI to be just fine for that display:

E485:~$ xdpyinfo | grep -i dots 
  resolution:    96x96 dots per inch
E485:~$