Help please- trying to install archlabs Linux first time, getting error of kernal panic

Help please- trying to install archlabs Linux first time, getting error of kernal panic .

Hi and welcome to the forums.
Is the kernel panic from the install media or after you install and doing the first boot from the HDD/SDD?

Install media, during installation

Have you check the checksum from your iso download, you may have a bad download.

1 Like

No, I haven’t checked it.

Please check. Others will be on here as there is a time difference from my side to there. Just after midnight here and going on a highway trip in 7 1/2 , need a little sleep. Will check back here in about 6 or 7hrs. Good Luck. :wink:

1 Like

Ok, all the best for highway trip. I’ll wait for reply.

What I do before I run the installer at prompt is run pacman -Syyy to update the install process, then after that updates, type in installer. Hope that helps.

Hey, can you help me with “enter a post- install command to run” steps in archlabs Linux installation process. I am stuck here. Which command to enter there

That step is optional; you can skip it and complete the installation.

1 Like

Install first, reboot and then run pacman is the usual way.
pacman -Syu
is all you need after an install. :wink:

1 Like

Well, it sounds so easy but not though ahh as now I don’t have a second system to check the iso and then install it. I have to visit friend to use other system.

1 Like