ArchLabs Linux

Hello from Greece ! Congratulations for your delicious linux disrto

Many many years passed to find a linux distro that would amaze me !
This is one of those distros .
I won’t expect to have everything working because of the text installer i believed that locale/languages/keyboard configuration will not be ready but everything seems to work.
Very good distro of course you could include aur yay/pamac-aur but thats easy for someone to install.
I like the i3 configuration i have installed gnome with a mojave theme very good .
I have an radeon rx580 nitro but when i click the applications it has a small delay till it show up, don’t know why maybe i should switch to wayland
Inxi shows :slight_smile:
Graphics:
Device-1: AMD Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X/590]
driver: amdgpu v: kernel
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.5 driver: amdgpu,ati
unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10 DRM 3.32.0
5.2.1-arch1-1-ARCH LLVM 8.0.0)
v: 4.5 Mesa 19.1.2

Seems to be updated am i missing something here ? can i update mesa to an even newer version or i’m ok ???

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @xrhstaras

Wonder if you install modesetting your install will be ok afterward

Wonder what firmware that you installed also afterward.

Welcome to the forum @xrhstaras! We have a lot of fantastic people on this forum if you need help or to visit.

Welcome to the forum!

Hello @xrhstaras and welcome to the forum. I am wondering how you pronounce your nickname :smiley:

I would start a different thread concerning issues, you ll have more chances getting help.

In english just Chris :slight_smile:
Very nice distro and i’m a bit addicted to i3wm
Its the best !

3d gaming performance is ok by the way !

Thank you

Welcome @xrhstaras!

1 Like

That s cool @xrhstaras

My suggestions to be even better:

1. Install by default pamac-aur package manager
  2. Please Enable the cups service
  3. If it is not difficult it would be helpful having the vulkan packages preinstalled so gamers could benefit from steamplay to play windows games, some vulkan packages are required to use steamplay !!!

I have now removed gnome and installed cinnamon but i’m thinking about using i3wm,
cause i like it very much and i do much with the terminal.

ArchLabs is my favorite distro it has everything i want !

1. Install it with baph :slight_smile:
  2. It’s better to enable the CUPS socket, that will start the service only when needed.

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome from italy.
Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion but we won’t be doing this. We provide Baph, our own AUR helper to help you get started.

2 Likes

i added the modesetting on modules in initramfs , booted and now application icons are spawn fluently animated no delays !

Glad it worked on your end @xrhstaras

its so fast that i clicked them many times fast to just enjoy the effect lol

lol, don t go too fast !