Hello from feking Eastern Europe

I don’t think I ever wrote an introductory post but here it goes, so a HELLO to all the good people around here and a THANK YOU for all the work you put in with AL.
I’m a Romanian Linux noob who in about 6 months went trough Mint, Manjaro, ■■■■ Xtended and now settled on ArchLabs with Openbox. I will give Gentoo a go someday just out of curiosity same as I did with Vanilla Arch(can’t be bothered to do it again) but I have no plans to stray away from AL which is minimal enough for me and just works.
What really got me into Arch was seeing everywhere people saying don’t install Arch, updates are gonna break it or Arch=not for noobs or Arch=not stable and that made me really curious(I know, curiosity killed the cat), but unfortunately I had no luck, the damn animal works smooth as a diesel engine no matter how hard I messed with its insides.

This already got too long, see you people around.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums @drLobes :wave:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @drLobes .

Hope that you ll enjoy AL !

Seen that you re from Romania, I follow Hard Enduro from Romania also, specially the Romaniacs. The Hard Enduro Mecca.

1 Like

Welcome to AL family @drLobes. Enjoy your stay here.

1 Like

Enduro Romaniacs is great, that Sibiu city is one of the best looking in this country but it’s far from me. I live in the north of the country in an area called Bucovina, if you have the patience and like enduro, have a look at this, all natural track, long video: https://youtu.be/vrXyMCxyG08

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

1 Like

No problem my friend, you check it out !

Edit; MiraMoto ! Following him for quite some bit !

Nice races in there !

Thx for sharing @drLobes .

1 Like

Welcome AL aboard @drLobes.
AL 4 ever, you have a lot of information in this forum between config, music and window manager.
Like it and don’t hesitate to share

2 Likes

Welcome.

1 Like

Hello neighbor. Greetings from PL.

1 Like

Well hello hello, I had some good polish friends while I was living in UK, but that was over 10 years ago, sorry but the only word I remember in polish is “kurva” :grin:

Ohh wait, I know you, well kind of, from bunsenlabs I’ve been reading your posts there 2 weeks back when I found t2ec and psuinfo, I’m using the weather executor and a bit of the psuinfo in my tint2, can bee seen on the December screenshot thread.
Thank you for making it easy for us, good man!
(what is it what you’re working on now? I’ve seen something on a screenshot but didn’t have the time to dig deeper yet)

1 Like

Greetings.
Enjoy the distro and forum.

1 Like

Haha! You already have a solid foundation. :rofl:

I found t2ec and psuinfo

I’m quite far away from Openbox for over a year - mostly sway and Wayfire. As a replacement to psuinfo I use this code in golang.

what is it what you’re working on now?

You may take a look at Azote wallpaper manager and nwg-launchers. ATM I’m working on this simple gadget.

Take care!

2 Likes

Oh, my 1st Polish word learned ! lol

1 Like

May be used as a punctuation mark in any Polish sentence.

1 Like

lol, like some French &/or English words !

1 Like

Not only that, but in the beginning of a sentence as well I think?

Or when one s mad I guess ! lol

And also at the end. Wherever you wish! :smiley:

Welcome! :beers:

Thanks for the language lesson, I’m learning a lot. Now just teach me how to order a beer in Polish and I can add that to my list :smiley:

2 Likes

“Proszę piwo”, pronounced something like proshee peevo. We need a separate thread to learn this important phrase in every possible language.

1 Like