Hello ArchLabs community

Hello everyone - First time on ArchLabs and wanted to say a few words.

WoW!! Finally an Arch based distro that is exactly what i have been looking for. Just started playing around with it but already love it. Been “dabbling” with linux since i first came across Slack & Ygdrasil versions of linux in the early 90’s (Shows my age right?) :slight_smile: Used the old BunsenLabs spins more than 10 years ago and really liked them a lot, but now i have migrated to Arch and just can’t go back to Debian base distros… they all seem so clunky and heavy if you know what i mean?

So i’m looking for a lightweight Arch based distro (I REALLY like the Artix flavours) that is just the right amount of light, with just the right amount of everything else… tried sooooo many different spins (And still playing around with some others of course) then found ArchLabs. Absolutely FANTASTIC… and the installer is just wonderful with again just the right amount of everything to make it work as it should.

Anyway, waffle mode off… just wanted to say “Hi” to everyone here, thanks to the Devs for such a great distro and i’m very much looking forward to learning more about the distro, about Arch and about Linux. :grin:

5 Likes

Hey man…

Welcome. hopefully, you get to stick to AL and enjoy it as much as we do !!

Just to say, I literally found today that Archlabs has a Patreon page !!!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @ZenDJiNN

2 Likes

(Shows my age right?) :slight_smile:

It’s great to have you with us @ZenDJiNN ; you’re balancing the scales quite nicely. Have a look around in the forums, hope you’ll enjoy your time here!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
Enjoy the distro.

4 Likes

@ZenDJiNN Welcome aboard.

4 Likes

Welcome !

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @ZenDJiNN. Glad you like the distro. Believe you will like the community, too.

3 Likes

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. :slight_smile:

At the moment i have only installed AL on a VM (VirtualBox) as i have been trying out different distros in an attempt to get the best one for me. Later on today i’ll be installing on my laptop (Dual Boot with Win 10) where i’ll be replacing my old Endeavour OS install with AL.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Were glad you like it, thanks for the kind words. Folks like you are the reason I still enjoy working on AL.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. :grinning:

2 Likes

Welcome to the club @ZenDJiNN and I hope you enjoy your time here!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @ZenDJiNN

4 Likes