ArchLabs Linux

GTK menu for sway and i3

sgtk-menu

This project is an attempt to create a simple menu, that behaves decently on sway, but also on i3 window manager. It uses pygobject to create a themeable, searchable gtk3-based system menu w/ some optional features.

Features

• .desktop entries-based system menu;
  • search box to find what you need quickly;
  • favourites (most frequently used entries) menu above (optional [-f | -fn FN] argument);
  • user-defined menu below (optional [-a | -af AF] argument).

5 Likes

Top work again @nwg

1 Like

That is most excellent @nwg.

1 Like

Main categories (but not yet submenu entries) now have translated names. Also category icons added.

1 Like

Thx for the update, getting there @nwg

1 Like

Alright, all the menu localized. Looks not bad in Russian. :smiley:

3 Likes

Top work again @nwg . You never stop ! lol

1 Like

My menu in Arc-Dark GTK theme. English forced with the -l en argument.

I’ve added a possibility to append user-definable items to the menu. May serve e.g. as the exit menu items. A simple ~/.config/sway-gtk-menu/appendix file uses json format.

1 Like

Nice improvement @nwg

I’ve just added the Search box. The fields name and exec from .desktop entries are being searched on the fly.

Looks better in the video:

3 Likes

Top job again @nwg .

Nice video !

1 Like

Thanks! It seems I’ll say goodbye to wofi very soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep , you gotta take a break one day @nwg ! lol

Time for Netflix? Well, there’re two movies I’m going to watch.

Have a great one !

Phew… Just added a workaround to the sway / GTK issue, which prevents overflowed menus from scrolling. 40 SLOC, tricky as hell. I wonder if upcoming sway 1.3 resolves the problem. It’s in rc2 at the moment.

1 Like

Some more pimping in there @nwg Nice

Added a cache file to track launching programs. Most frequently used may be optionally prepended to the menu:

2 Likes

Top again @nwg

All the latest changes merged into master and released. Available for testing as the sgtk-menu AUR package.

The menu should work as well on sway, as on i3 window manager.

Code clearance done, added more comments. Also some minor changes to arguments and help. In the picture below shown with Clearlooks GTK theme and Aqatix icons.

2 Likes