ArchLabs Linux

Greetings

Hello all. I’ve always been intrigued by rolling-release distributions, especially Arch Linux, but I never really stuck to them for long. I suppose they all seemed to lack a special something. Then comes along my discovery of ArchLabs, which was easy to install with perfect defaults for theming and a minimal set of packages in the .iso and is pure Arch Linux at its core. I had been using Debian Sid the longest before ArchLabs, but decided it wasn’t for me anymore. I have come to prefer Arch’s approach to packaging and package management compared to Debian’s. Pacman is simply superb. A little about me: I like metal, dubstep, anime (as if not already apparent by my avatar), manga, reading (primarily non-fiction) and science.

1 Like

Hello and welcome.
I too like Metal, reading and science :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome!! Don’t hate me, but I listen to Metalcore and Deathcore the most. I don’t get all the hate in the metal community against those subgenres specifically. I can understand certain bands but not the subgenres themselves. I listen to Parkway Drive, Of Mice & Men, Infant Annihilator and Rings of Saturn often. I do like Black Metal too though! :grin:

I’m not a fan of either of those genres, but each to their own. :slight_smile:

I mostly listen to either Black Metal or Death Metal.

1 Like

Ah, more of a purist I see. Nothing wrong with that! :wink:

1 Like

Not quite a purist as I listen to nearly everything Metal related. I do usually avoid, Metalcore, Deathcore and Power Metal :smiley:

Noted! I listen to many different Metal subgenres myself, the ones noted above just happen to be what I enjoy most. :slightly_smiling_face:

And that’s all that matters :smiley:

After almost 25 years as a Metalhead I have learned to have thick skin when it comes to other people and the shit I get for being a Metalhead. :slight_smile: I know that I listen to the superior music genre at the end of the day. :smiley:

1 Like

I sympathize with you! Although people are often surprised I even listen to metal because I don’t fit the stereotype of a metalhead. But who cares about stereotypes? Do and listen to what you love.

Absolutely!! My man, haha. \m/

ha same here!!

\m/ \m/

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the family \m/

1 Like

Welcome metalhead.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! :grin:

Welcome to the insane asylum @InJustOnePunch! Just kidding! There’s plenty of great people on this forum. I’m into science big time, something to do with my field I guess, which makes me kinda dangerous. Anyway, I digress, welcome aboard and hope you like this forum. AL is the best distro with a great base, Arch. :grin:

1 Like

Welcome from the not-really-metalhead side of the forum :grinning: catch ya later!

2 Likes

Science! Reading! Great stuff. I like metal but im not a metal head - just a music lover in general. Welcome!

1 Like

Deep down you are. Search inside your feelings @philT, there you will see the darkside and realise its awesome power.

2 Likes

You know what @Dobbie03? You are right! Just as soon as I figure out which of the 200 genres of metal Im listening to.:metal:

1 Like

:metal::metal:

1 Like