Greetings from Florida!

Longtime Linux user going back to Red Hat in '98 then on to Mandrake and settled on to Slackware in 2005, I have “tested” many other Distro’s the past few years. Stumbled across AL about 6 months ago and it is now my daily driver, at least until Slackware 15 is released, not going to hold my breath though, it’s in Alpha now but he’ll release it when he;s good and ready.

I love the AL installer, a breath of fresh air compared to all the others that are out there. I’ve installed Arch many times but the install can be a PITA at times. I’m an old fart so I am no longer that patient, LOL

Looking forward to participating int he banter that I see going on in the AL Forum.

Cheers!!

1 Like

Yes me too aaaaaaaaaaaand welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forums @SqdnGunny. Glad to have you here.

1 Like

Welcome aboard @SqdnGunny

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Welcome and happy to have you here!

1 Like

Welcome aboard. Nice to see another Slackware fan here.

1 Like

Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Downloading 15 Alpha1 iso now. Curious to see how it looks like now after so many years. :smiley:

I played with it in a VM last week, pretty nice but I did not put it through any rigorous testing, I’ll wait for at least a BETA to be dropped before I do that.

Hello @SqdnGunny , welcome to the community

1 Like

Welcome @SqdnGunny :wave:

2 Likes

Where abouts in the good ole Sunshine state - Me? Im near Tampa

1 Like

I’m in Pensacola, been here almost 2 months now, refugee from California!! LOL I lived in Sarasota/Bradenton from 2000 - 2005 and again from 2010 - 2011.

1 Like

We only hold hostages that look good in a bikini. Plus our meth lizards are easier to handle than the meth gators in Florida, and we actually like going to baseball games. Unlike people in Miami.

If it weren’t for Tom Brady - an SF Bay Area native - people in Florida would still have to look to Dan Marino to remember what an NFL quarterback looks like.

LOL. Who was the last good QB in CA. Steve Young? Ryan Leaf had a lot of potentials but he failed badly in the professional league. Another guy, Eli Manning was drafted by Chargers but was traded to NY Giants.

1 Like

LOL - I can’t bring myself to go over the sunshine bridge. Was very, very close to there today tho

The last good QB the 49ers had was Jeff Garcia, who in a 6-10 season, threw for something like 31 touchdowns to 12 interceptions for over 4200 yards while taking 24 sacks. His next season he went 32TDs, 12INTs, 3500+ yards, 26 sacks. I forget what year dumbass Terry Donahue took over as General Manager, but he and the new dumbass owner John York gutted the team to shave payroll, and then they went into total suck.

But yeah before Garcia, they had Steve Young and Joe Montana, two Hall of Fame quarterbacks. San Diego with Rivers and Brees wasn’t bad, of course SD had Air Coryell and Dan Fouts, the Raiduhs lulz, Ken Stabler and Daryl Lamonica IMO were the best two they had, and Kurt Warner was with the Rams when they played in St. Louis.

I think Brees was drafted by SD because Eli had daddy Manning pull some strings to get him out of SD. Then of course SD drafted Ryan Leaf lulz a couple of years later.

1 Like

Heh, welcome to the club, lots of young and old farts around here, me included. Hope you enjoy your time with us.