Flameshot with dkwm

I can’t use scrot for screenshots as I get white lines all over the picture.

So I move to flameshot and to my surprise works a treat. Also I don’t use tray_output in my bar.

After taking the screenshot just press CTRL + S to save

super + PrtSc
exec /usr/bin/flameshot GUI

1 Like

What about trying maim?

2 Likes

I think this might be fixed with some of the recent sync stuff. @nate please advise.

Are you talking about scrot being fixed.?
If not will try maim

Yes it is sort of fixed just the outer frame is a little slow, but it does clear to the capture point.

Not like before the outer frame lines would stay in the captured area.

Thanks for the heads up

I have the latest dk installed. Just tested with scrot, no issues.

1 Like

Their is this command to screen capture with scrot works good, but is there a way for the file to be auto named. Instead of feh save as (name)

super + Print
scrot -q 90 -d 7 ‘%S.png’ -e ‘mv $f $$(xdg-user-dir PICTURES)/ArchLabs-%S-$wx$h.png ; feh $$(xdg-user-dir PICTURES)/ArchLabs-%S-$wx$h.png’

Agreed - same, no issues here

Can you elaborate on what you mean by “auto named”? The name of the screenshot can be included in the command:

scrot -q 100 -c -d 4 '$a_%s.png' -e 'mv $f ~/Pictures'

the $a uses the hostname as the image base name, the %s is seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC from the “date” command; it serves as a unique identifier if you want to take a series of screen shots. The screenshot is then moved to ~/Pictures.

scrot -q 100 -c -d 4 '$n[SomeName].png' -e 'mv $f ~/Pictures'

the $n[SomeName] is the base name for the image. Substitute whatever you want for [SomeName].

“man scrot” for details.

3 Likes

Thanks so much you have answered my question once again. :+1:

super + Print
scrot -q 100 -c -d 4 ‘$a_%s.png’ -e ‘mv $f ~/Pictures/ArchLabs’ <<<<< Just what I wanted

1 Like

Found a couple of old scrot captures. Not so good back then.

1 Like