[FIXED] Forum Speed and Reliability

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the forum as far as loading speeds, 502 bad gateways? It seems to have got very quiet here and I am wondering if that is the issue?

1 Like

I have the same thing

1 Like

Okay. We are looking into a solution. It’s either going to be a hosting from Digital Ocean or a new forum base altogether.

0 Likes

Yes @Dobbie03, last night I connected and the same error appeared

2 Likes

All the time. Needed 3 retries to open this thread.

0 Likes

Yes, been happening the last week or so.

0 Likes

Yes, maybe since a week or so.

0 Likes

Hey guys, I’ve doubled the memory allocated to the vm hosting this forum and noticed an instant improvement to speed after the change (was 4GB is now 8GB).

Apologies for the slowness and how long it has been effecting people. Unfortunately I’ve been pretty busy lately and have found it hard to find time to diagnose the issue. Initially we thought it might have been an issue with the routing from Dobbie’s ISP to the datacenter where the forum is located as the slowness started about the same time they added a few more major peers.

Any issues with the forum in the future feel free to PM me or Dobbie and he can hassle me :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yep , mostly everydays in the last 2 weeks or so, tought it was only on my end.

Edit: Must say it s better this morning( where I am ).

0 Likes

Thx for the hard work @sqamsqam

0 Likes

I agree with @altman: about two weeks, and seems to look better well at the moment.

1 Like

Same here (UK), I thought it was due to the Brexit :grin:.
This is the end, folks!
Working fine now, thank you @sqamsqam
This is the end, folks!
Teresa is not going to stop
I probably will be deported
In chains
To the refugees camp

3 Likes

yes same problem.

0 Likes

Thought it was my crap connection. Good its fixed, well done.

0 Likes

All day long at the office I had no problem accessing the forum. Kudos to @sqamsqam, @Dobbie03, and everyone else who brought it back to life.

2 Likes

Thank you @sqamsqam - works like a charm!

0 Likes

Thanks for sorting @sqamsqam. Working like a dream.

1 Like

Yes, same issue. Also, 504 gateway error.

0 Likes

Should be fixed now guys

One thing. If you guys are experiencing these issues regularly please let me know. We would have been all over this a whole lot quicker as both @sqamsqam and I thought it was my end that was the issue.

Just send either myself or @sqamsqam a pm.

Cheers :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Runs ok since this morning(where I live).

0 Likes