1 Like

No, they really aren’t.

1 Like

TheFool
Soo foolish

1 Like

well developers have to eat too

1 Like

That’s true, but if that depends on sponsors, sooner or later they became your boss.
Goodbye open-source freedom

1 Like

There is still hope… :joy:

2 Likes

Yes they do, there must be other ways to gather income other than filling your browser with adverts.

1 Like

Just wait n see, maybe somehow they will be well integrated and not disturbing ones… I’m pretty sure that they know it can be a huge reason for turnover, thus they won’t risk making someone not optimized.

1 Like

It appears they plan to do this though their new tab page. I hate how opera and firefox have a useless new tab page whose only purpose seems to be advertisement.

Of course it wouldn’t be so bad if the user can configure the webpage used for the tab, but that’s no longer possible. Apparently for “security” concerns, but after they acquired pocket, this makes more sense.

I know they can be changes through extensions but those just quickly close and open your desired page. So some computers that process is painfully obvious. On firefox there is an extension that allows you to use your homepage as the new tab page which seems to work well.

1 Like

This is why I use adblocker and go through a VPN. Mozilla is crazier than a fox! WTH!

1 Like

As do I. I live the ad free life.

1 Like

Those pop-up ads that take over your entire screen are some of the absolute worst. Then there are the ones that you have to get a bit creative just to exit out of because they want to respawn so quickly. Ugh.

Ublock-origin seems to deal with most of those, if not all of them.

1 Like

Some time ago Adblock Plus made an agreement with Google to release the ads of the company but without disturbing visually …

That’s why these extensions always have the words: low RAM consumption

Even mining scrpit has … it’s full of fake extensions in the G-Store, that’s one of the reasons why it created its own “block plus” built-in browser, so it controls what should or should not happen.

The Verge: https://bit.ly/2G6Cla5 (2011)
Google Discovery: https://bit.ly/2Kc4X4n (2013)

The visual benefit does not change for us, everything is still very beautiful … on the other hand the money for them does not stop increasing, it is anyway.

Yup, uBlock has to be the best adblocker add-on out there. It’s definitely reduced the amount of ads I see by looots. Good stuff that I’d recommend to everyone.

2 Likes

Everyone should be using it. We should really bundle it with AL.

3 Likes

Wish you would! But, then again uBlock is my number one defense from the advert attacking swarm. I get that they are trying to make money. But, when you have adverts blocking content then the browser becomes useless and will cause individuals with even half a brain to go to another browser. Adblocker is my backup by the way.

Also using a VPN may add more protection from the adverts with uBlock and adblocker.

I’m running v60.0-1 with no plugins or addons now and I can’t see any adverts anywhere except on the pages themselves, perhaps Mozilla changed their mind (or the news item was clickbait bullshit).