FIFA World Cup 2022

Qatar World Cup will begin in 10 days. Don’t know if anyone here likes soccer/football. If you’re a fan of this sports game, you could use this thread to talk about your fav. teams/players and of coz your pick to win it all this year.

Enjoy the tournament!

3 Likes

Our national team will most likely play three games:

1. Opening Game
  2. Game For Everything
  3. Game For Honor

Then they’ll go home.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to it! I always follow Germany. Go Deutschland!! :soccer:

1 Like

I have played football many years (but many years ago) and I still like it very much. I am having trouble with this tournament though. 10 000 workers died building the Arenas! (And Sweden did not qualify of course!).
I am probably not going to be able to stay away totally so I am going to follow our neighbour Denmark!

womp

I sometime watch a game here & there but doesn t know much as some, I m more into racing & hockey, but hockey less since they have too many teams.

Football(or soccer as known in Canada & the US ) is starting to get more attention since they have the MLS . & the youngters seem to be more into Euro Football ( soccer ) than into hockey that is getting very expensive since quiet some years.

Luckily we can watch these FIFA games on TV where I am.

1 Like

Really? Didnt know that.

I had also played soccer for many years and am still a big fan of this sports game. I follow the Premier League games every week. My fav. team is Belgium because of Kevin De Bruyne. Sorry, USA, :grinning:

Canada women-soccer are pretty good!

womp

2 Likes

I hope what you think won’t happen, it was always a great selection, you’ll see…

2 Likes

Oh, that s some great news !

Thx @womp

Here s a link to FIFA s

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022

I predict Julián Álvarez from Argentina will shine in this tournament. He will be a super star for years to come. The kid is so talented. He could be next C-Rod, or even better.

1 Like

Great national team, maybe the best next to Brazil, but… Argentina is a feeling and I can’t stop cheering. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Here in Argentina he was always a different player, very talented and a formidable ball handler, he deserves to be where he is today.

1 Like

FIFA scandals in multum.
Quatar royals are a few percent of the population and super-rich. The rest are “guest”-workers from poor countries (does not matter what happens to them ). The workers had no safety, no water in 50 degrees celsius (106 fahrenheit). FIFA closed their eyes. But there are many supporters that will protest or not attend. Respect for human life is below the ground!

Yeah Belgium are great! I am curious it Brazil will be back in shape but there are many great teams like Spain, Germany, GB, Argentina, and maybe Denmark can be a surprise!

womp

I guess so. They have oil and money, nothing else.

Brazil is not the same team as they used to be. France is the next best team after Belgium.

1 Like

France! Right! If the can play as a team!?
Croatia, Uruguay, Mexico, Holland!
There are pleny of room for surprises!

womp

Unfortunately, as you say, business and interests are put above human life, as money always wins. FIFA takes over the country during the tournament and manages it as it pleases, whether it be air flights, routes, hotels, etc., biting money from wherever they can.

2 Likes

This will be a World Cup of many surprises and I like that.

2 Likes

Yep, but I can t see Canada coming out from the group that Belgium is in.

I haven’t yet seen the fixture or the zones for each team, I’ll get to it later.

Oh, just check the link I put in a post above @judd

1 Like