Ezarcher Linux - Personal Arch Based Respin

I hope this type of post is not frowned upon, but I wanted to introduce my own little Arch Linux based system, Ezarcher. I do YT videos and over the past couple years I have built Debian and Arch based ISOs for people to download. These are systems I use myself to reinstall and use on a daily basis. I wondered if anyone had any interest. The Ezarcher Linux ISO is a full featured Arch Linux desktop with the Mate Desktop. The live system comes with many common desktop software packages and tools to install Arch Linux on your system. There are two primary installation methods, the Calamares Installer Framework and my own ezarch scripts. The ~/ezarcher/Scripts folder contains the ezarch.bios and ezarch.uefi install scripts to perform an menu driven Arch installation, as well as the ezmaint script for basic maintenance tasks. My philosophy is to keep it as close to Arch as possible, making it somewhat more accessible than doing an Arch Way install. The project can be found here: https://osdn.net/projects/ezarch/ and here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ezarch/

If this type of post is unwanted, please let me know. Thank you.

5 Likes

Hi @eznix, thanks for the share. I’m downloading this now.

Nope, we love this stuff. Some other forum members have their own distros and shared them here, @Head_on_a_Stick being the first one that comes to mind.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sweet! Eznix, I didn’t know you were on here! Good to see you!

2 Likes

Thank you Dobbie03. I lurk and read the forums from time to time, but I don’t participate all that much. I have been meaning to give Head_on_a_Stick’s system a go one of these days. Thanks for the reminder. :smile:

1 Like

:+1: Glad I could help.

1 Like

Thanks Chris. I stop in from time to time, just don’t say much. Looking over the AL install script gave me some inspiration for my own Arch install scripts. Mine are not fancy like AL, but they get the job done the way I usually like Arch installed. I am typing from my own install atm. :smile:

1 Like

@eznix, it seems the live password is live not toor that you mention at OSDN

1 Like

That line got printed together:
User password: live Root password: toor

Should have read:
User password: live
Root password: toor

I will fix that. Thanks.

1 Like

Ah yes, my poor reading skills missed the word root.

Thanks for sharing it with us here @eznix. Looking good, great intro too. Keep it up!

1 Like

Top @eznix

2 Likes

welcome @eznix

2 Likes

Thank you! :smile:

@eznix great to see you here as well. Archlabs Openbox is my preferred go-to. And for all who don’t know yet: a great YT channel and cool spins on Arch. Worth checking out!

2 Likes