Dynamic, timebased wallpapers

Hello everyone,
I am the author of Dynpaper.
Dynpaper is a small Python3 module/combination of scripts that automatically change wallpapers based on the clocktime of your computer.

Dobbie asked that I’d write a small guide/how to on dynpaper along with these beautiful wallpapers on gitlab /Dobbie03/dynpaper-archlabs-edition . (Sorry I can’t post more than 2 links)

Requires python3 and pip3.

1. pip3 install --user dynpaper
  2. mkdir -p ~/.config/dynpaper/
  3. curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oddProton/dynpaper/master/sample_configs/sample.3.yml > ~/.config/dynpaper/config
  4. Download and extract the wallpapers at ~/Pictures/Wallpapers/
  5. nohup dynpaper -f ~/.config/dynpaper/config &

That’s it!

There are also other configuration files that need some modifications to get working with the wallpapers but they show what’s possible, what is not, and the structure of the configuration file.

Starting from this version and onwards, future versions will not break compatibility with 2.0.2 (current version) configs.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

-Oddproton

Thx mate, appreciate the hard work, keep it on !

Thanks for the tutorial I really love this.

For those interested you can download the custom ArchLabs Dynamic wallpapers created by Karl Schneider here.

I keep getting this error when running “pip3 install --user dynpaper”

Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/basecommand.py”, line 228, in main
status = self.run(options, args)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py”, line 291, in run
resolver.resolve(requirement_set)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolve.py”, line 103, in resolve
self._resolve_one(requirement_set, req)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolve.py”, line 257, in _resolve_one
abstract_dist = self._get_abstract_dist_for(req_to_install)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolve.py”, line 210, in _get_abstract_dist_for
self.require_hashes
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/operations/prepare.py”, line 245, in prepare_linked_requirement
req.populate_link(finder, upgrade_allowed, require_hashes)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/req/req_install.py”, line 307, in populate_link
self.link = finder.find_requirement(self, upgrade)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/index.py”, line 484, in find_requirement
all_candidates = self.find_all_candidates(req.name)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/index.py”, line 442, in find_all_candidates
for page in self._get_pages(url_locations, project_name):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/index.py”, line 587, in _get_pages
page = self._get_page(location)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/index.py”, line 705, in _get_page
return HTMLPage.get_page(link, session=self.session)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/index.py”, line 833, in get_page
inst = cls(resp.content, resp.url, resp.headers)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/index.py”, line 753, in init
namespaceHTMLElements=False,
TypeError: parse() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘transport_encoding’

I have removed the pip folder and reinstalled pip, but same issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

did u managed to fix this?
just want to be sure before putting any effort in it :wink: